ordering liquor for stateroom delivery

bungie jumper

I am thinking of ordering a bottle of liquor from the indulgence list to be delivered to my stateroom but the size is not listed. Is it a regular 750 ml or is it a 1.14 liter. Also, is this service available on board through room service. it would be nice to be able order on board for the cabin seeing we will be onboard for 34 days.

We always order a couple of bottles of alcohol for cabin before we leave on a cruise -- they are always in our cabin when we get on the ship.

Should we run out -- we order another bottle through our concierge. If you aren't in a Deluxe Suite you can order through room service.

The bottles are 1 liter.

Oddly, they are not always liter bottles. Last year on the Amsterdam we ordered the Bourbon package and received a liter. This year on the Volendam we received a 5th. Frankly, it did come as a surprise.

How in advance of taking your cruise do you usually order liquor or drink cards? Would do it before final payment or after?

Makes no difference really. Some like to do it early and pay it off before the trip,

others will wait till they're aboard to purchase them. The payment for the cruise has no affect on these purchases.

I prebook the speciality restaurants as soon as possible as sometimes they fill up quickly.

Also book shore excursions as soon as possible.

Alcohol for the cabin -- usually order after final payment.

The Beverage Cards -- we just go to the Ocean Bar once we are on the ship to buy them and activate them.

We have paid for a 'suite amenities package' which includes two bottles of wine and 2 bottles of liquor. Can I assume then that they may be 1 litre bottles? Good thing it is a 29 night cruise....:D

It's nice that HAL permits passengers to purchase/order liquor to be in the cabin upon embarkation. I like to purchase gifts for my folks or friends who are sailing w/o us (when sailing HAL). But my parents prefer RCI. :eek: Which does not allow pre-purchasing liquor as gifts. :( So, I think what I might do for my parent's Canada coastal cruise in Sept is to purchase a "gift" of on-board credit - that way they can go somewhere on whatever xxxx of the Seas they are sailing to buy their booze. :)

If one purchases a beverage card for delivery to the cabin before sailing (from a U.S. port), state sales tax is added to the cost of the card. There is no sales tax added to a card ordered to be delivered after sailing.

Does sales tax apply to a liquor delivery prior to sailing?

If one purchases a beverage card for delivery to the cabin before sailing (from a U.S. port), state sales tax is added to the cost of the card. There is no sales tax added to a card ordered to be delivered after sailing.

Does sales tax apply to a liquor delivery prior to sailing?

Interesting. Only beverage cards? What about other gift purchases? I've only pre-purchased liquor or Pinnacle meals & just don't remember.

But which state is collecting sales tax? Your home state or the ship's departure state? :confused: I live in Delaware & we have no sales tax.

For Fort Lauderdale departures there is Florida sales tax on beverage cards delivered to your stateroom before leaving port. If you order the card for delivery after leaving port (and theoretically outside the state's three-mile sovereign waters) there isn't any sales tax.

Purchases to be consumed outside the three mile limit, e.g., a meal at the Pinnacle Grill, would not be taxed in any case.

I am curious about the pre-purchase of liquor to be delivered to the stateroom before departure, though.

Archived