A Bar~Buckets of Beer~Chips & Salsa?

In my experience, beer and drinks are sold in restaurants. No beer joints. And the food is very good. In fact at some restaurants when you order beer, they will bring smacks. The more you order the more snacks and they're free. In general, those resaurants would be away from the tourist area. It's basically a local thing. The snacks are called Bonatas. BTW Beer is only two bucks just about anywhere.

Go to Buddy's, it is on the beach across the street from where they drop you off at the flea market. Their restaurant is on the road side but they have tables, umbrella and chairs on the beach. Think our bill was around $21 for 7 beers and two orders of chips and salsa.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would recommend just getting off at the flea market and walk down to the beach. There are plenty of places right there for you to choose from. I went to Buddys but am not as gung ho about it as everyone else. It was a decent place, but not great. We had kids and beggars bother us the whole time in there. But that is what to expect in Progresso I guess. But there are probably 8-10 different restaurant there on the beach for any kind of taste.

Regarding kids and 'beggars'. They are not beggars, they are vendors. They can't afford the nice white running shoes or Old Navy clothing, but that doesn't mean they are begging.

The secret to avoiding lingering salespeople is to NEVER make eye contact with them or their products. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

Archived