Street Fair in Hamilton

patnjohn

I'd say it is not really a "must see." It is interesting and my DH and I walked up and down Front Street for an hour or so the fair night.

I don't know how long it takes to get from St. George to Hamilton by public transport; but I don't think it would be worth it to do an excusion to see it. We are going to be on the Zenith and they are offering an excusion to the fair, a bus ride I think, for @$37 per adult if I recall correctly. I just don't think it is worth that.

There are vendors, the stores on Front are open, food stalls, and various forms of entertainment like Gombey dancerc. There are also local organizations asking for donations or selling stuff. MY DH and I do cat rescue and we spent a while talking to the ladies at the "Bermuda Feline Assistance Bureau."

But, IMHO, I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Calm seas,

Caroline

The bus from St George to Hamilton and back again takes about an hour. The cab takes about 1/2 of that but its also about $60.00. There is a street fair in St george on tuesday night. They are about the same. the big difference is the stores in Hamilton are also open-its the main shopping street on the Island.

Its too bad there isn't a ferry from St George to Hamilton at night....

There are two shore excursions on NCL to Harbor nights -- a one-way wildcat transfer for $20.00 leaving St. George's at 4:30 PM (return trip is on your own) or a Harbour Nights cruise leaving St. George's at 4:30 and returning at 9:30 for $44.00. Here's the link the the 2005 Majesty shore excursions:

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/tours/be_majesty_tour_2005.pdf

Archived