Just a little disappointed with shore excrusions

dfishner

In reading all about how much longer Azamara stays in port I was expecting some interesting longer shore excrusions for our upcoming Southern Caribbean cruise on the Journey when I looked today it just seems like the normal type with not to much that looks to exciting. It is not a big deal just a little let down because I thought it would be a little more interesting then what was offered. OK I vented and feel better now.

Hello Dale –

I hope you’re still feeling better after venting that the shore excursions Azamara offered for your forthcoming Caribbean cruise were “just like the normal offerings” and did not meet your expectations since Azamara is known for its “destination immersion.”

I learned that when we plan our shore excursions for the Caribbean we are dealing with islands which are very limited in what can be offered and that very few of them offer any real historical attractions on their limited real estate (island size). Historically guests who vacation in the Caribbean do so for rest, relaxation on the ship or beaches, and water sports.

Actually, only a small percentage of our guests book our tours in the Caribbean. We’ve found that with the islands being so small, and with the many taxi drivers at the pier, many guests head off on their own.

If you let me know your specific voyage, I'll seek some suggestions from our destination team for your consideration.

My best wishes for a wonderful cruise on your forthcoming Azamara Journey vacation.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Dale –

I hope you’re still feeling better after venting that the shore excursions Azamara offered for your forthcoming Caribbean cruise were “just like the normal offerings” and did not meet your expectations since Azamara is known for its “destination immersion.”

I learned that when we plan our shore excursions for the Caribbean we are dealing with islands which are very limited in what can be offered and that very few of them offer any real historical attractions on their limited real estate (island size). Historically guests who vacation in the Caribbean do so for rest, relaxation on the ship or beaches, and water sports.

Actually, only a small percentage of our guests book our tours in the Caribbean. We’ve found that with the islands being so small, and with the many taxi drivers at the pier, many guests head off on their own.

If you let me know your specific voyage, I'll seek some suggestions from our destination team for your consideration.

My best wishes for a wonderful cruise on your forthcoming Azamara Journey vacation.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill, thank you for your reply and yes I am feeling better since venting LOL I think I was expecting something more since this is a big step up for us to Azamara and was a little taken back by what was offered.. You are right there is not much in the way of doing in the Caribbean having done the eastern and western over the years..so I do understand what you are talking about. We are on the November 27th cruise out of San Juan and ending in Barbados and still are looking forward to our cruise on the journey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dale and Otiscruiser -

Your forthcoming itinerary is a “perfect wish” for beach lovers. Our destination team suggested the tours below which can be pre-booked while others are private arrangements. Onboard, you can meet with our shore excursion manager to arrange:

Virgin Gorda

If you like to swim and the beach....a trip to The Bath Beach, one of the best in the Caribbean is a must. Less than 10 min by taxi from our tender pier

Gustavia

Love to explore the island with a small rental car and hoping from beach to beach (Governors and Saline) end up at Nikki Beach or Eden Rock next door for sundowner drinks.

Marigot

Beach again....Orient Bay; and/or shop in Marigot (Euro) or Philipsburg (US$)

Also horseback riding, including into the water

Great BBQ also in Grande Case

Port Royal for dinner in Marigot

Nevis

Round trip Island tour

Botanical Garden is beautiful

Coconut Grove for a lobster lunch

Then there is the Four Seasons with golf

Castries

Helicopter trip across the Pitons

Mayreau

AM catamaran trip to Tobago Cays then ACC catered beach BBQ lunch – Note that this is an organized tour.

I hope you’ve both found this information helpful.

Happy Sailing and be sure to bring sunscreen!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Dale and Otiscruiser -

Your forthcoming itinerary is a “perfect wish” for beach lovers. Our destination team suggested the tours below which can be pre-booked while others are private arrangements. Onboard, you can meet with our shore excursion manager to arrange:

Virgin Gorda

If you like to swim and the beach....a trip to The Bath Beach, one of the best in the Caribbean is a must. Less than 10 min by taxi from our tender pier

Gustavia

Love to explore the island with a small rental car and hoping from beach to beach (Governors and Saline) end up at Nikki Beach or Eden Rock next door for sundowner drinks.

Marigot

Beach again....Orient Bay; and/or shop in Marigot (Euro) or Philipsburg (US$)

Also horseback riding, including into the water

Great BBQ also in Grande Case

Port Royal for dinner in Marigot

Nevis

Round trip Island tour

Botanical Garden is beautiful

Coconut Grove for a lobster lunch

Then there is the Four Seasons with golf

Castries

Helicopter trip across the Pitons

Mayreau

AM catamaran trip to Tobago Cays then ACC catered beach BBQ lunch – Note that this is an organized tour.

I hope you’ve both found this information helpful.

Happy Sailing and be sure to bring sunscreen!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you! Can't wait for our cruise...

Archived