Carnival Miracle Questions

Starzend

Hi everyone,

I am a new member here, not new to cruising, however I am new to Carnival. My wife & I will be sailing on the Miracle for a back-to-back sometime (after) the January 2012 dry-dock of the ship. We chose the Miracle because we really like the festive, bright, lively, jubilant, refreshing colorful décor. Also we live in NJ, and enjoy cruising out of New York or NJ. And we love the Caribbean! The two, 8-day itineraries we are putting together are: Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay Bahamas & Nassau Bahamas.. Then for the 2nd half, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas & Grand Turk. I really like back-to-back cruises and think that will be a wonderful 16-day cruise.

I have learned quite a lot about the Miracle, doing my research & also reading posts & comments from the members here, which in turn have answered all of my major questions. However I do have some minor questions:

1) The (filtered) coffee. I understand there is no coffee card; you pay for each cup as you go, which is fine. Is the only filtered coffee located in the Fountainhead Café & the entrance of the buffet? (Near the pizza, I think) Also, is there filtered coffee in the main dining room? or is that the coffee syrup stuff, lol..

2) Photo’s.. My wife & I save & save & save to cruise. When we go, we certainly spend it, LOL! That said, photos add up quickly, especially during back-to-back cruises. Four formal nights alone, hahaha! Does Carnival have a photo package? Or deals after you buy so many photos? Buy 3 get one 1 free, for example, or something like that. We just got off a 9-day back-to-back (18 days) and we came home with 30 photo’s. Eight were gangway photos. Cruise lines just love us because we drink, buy lots of photos, eat at specialty restaurants at least twice, and buy ship souvenirs from gift shops, LOL!

3) Dry dock question. What do you think Carnival will be doing to the Miracle during its upcoming dry dock other than (maybe) a Serenity section, and repairs?

4) Cabin closet & drawer space. We are looking to stay on the Empress deck. Deck six, forward. Just a regular balcony cabin. Probably cabin 6128, 6138 or 6142. From all of the photo’s I’ve looked at, and from what I have read, There are 3 large closets, one with shelves, however I can’t locate drawers except for the nightstands & desk drawers near the mini fridge. Are there clothing drawers other than the shelves in the closet? Those that have done back-to-backs, did you have enough room, or have to store clothing in your suitcase? It looks like enough room, but I just can’t tell.

Thank you in advance for any help with my questions or any additional insight you can give me concerning the Miracle. I hope everyone has a terrific day,

Hi everyone,

I am a new member here, not new to cruising, however I am new to Carnival. My wife & I will be sailing on the Miracle for a back-to-back sometime (after) the January 2012 dry-dock of the ship. We chose the Miracle because we really like the festive, bright, lively, jubilant, refreshing colorful décor. Also we live in NJ, and enjoy cruising out of New York or NJ. And we love the Caribbean! The two, 8-day itineraries we are putting together are: Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay Bahamas & Nassau Bahamas.. Then for the 2nd half, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas & Grand Turk. I really like back-to-back cruises and think that will be a wonderful 16-day cruise.

Welcome to Carnival.

I have learned quite a lot about the Miracle, doing my research & also reading posts & comments from the members here, which in turn have answered all of my major questions. However I do have some minor questions:

1) The (filtered) coffee. I understand there is no coffee card; you pay for each cup as you go, which is fine. Is the only filtered coffee located in the Fountainhead Café & the entrance of the buffet? (Near the pizza, I think) Also, is there filtered coffee in the main dining room? or is that the coffee syrup stuff, lol..

There is complimentary real coffee available all day in the Lido buffet. I have heard that it is not very good. The Fountainhead does sell coffee. Don't know about a coffee card, sorry.

2) Photo’s.. My wife & I save & save & save to cruise. When we go, we certainly spend it, LOL! That said, photos add up quickly, especially during back-to-back cruises. Four formal nights alone, hahaha! Does Carnival have a photo package? Or deals after you buy so many photos? Buy 3 get one 1 free, for example, or something like that. We just got off a 9-day back-to-back (18 days) and we came home with 30 photo’s. Eight were gangway photos. Cruise lines just love us because we drink, buy lots of photos, eat at specialty restaurants at least twice, and buy ship souvenirs from gift shops, LOL!

Um...maybe someone else can answer this.

3) Dry dock question. What do you think Carnival will be doing to the Miracle during its upcoming dry dock other than (maybe) a Serenity section, and repairs?

Those are the mysteries of dry dock. ;)

4) Cabin closet & drawer space. We are looking to stay on the Empress deck. Deck six, forward. Just a regular balcony cabin. Probably cabin 6128, 6138 or 6142. From all of the photo’s I’ve looked at, and from what I have read, There are 3 large closets, one with shelves, however I can’t locate drawers except for the nightstands & desk drawers near the mini fridge. Are there clothing drawers other than the shelves in the closet? Those that have done back-to-backs, did you have enough room, or have to store clothing in your suitcase? It looks like enough room, but I just can’t tell.

You will find three small drawers on either side of the desk as well as the closets you mentioned. Most, if not all, Carnival ships have self-service laundry rooms. We buy Purel 3-in-1 sheets and do laundry halfway through our cruise. That might be an idea for a b2b. Less clean clothing to pack and less dirty laundry to take home.

Thank you in advance for any help with my questions or any additional insight you can give me concerning the Miracle. I hope everyone has a terrific day,

Miracle is my favorite ship to date. I loved the decor, the layout of the ship, the aft adult-only pool. Hope you enjoy her too.

Did the San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk itinerary July 2010 and we'll be repeating it again next July with new plans for the parts (port) we didn't love, and repeat the things in the places we did. LOVE this ship, no complaints at all; decor, food, staff, love love loved! My review with pics are in my signature. There was TONS of closet space for my DH and I; we actually had one whole empty closet, which we used for storage of our dirty laundry (which I also did on the ship). The coffee on board was fine.. I'm no Juan Valdez, but I found it very palatable and never felt the need to purchase coffee from the speciality stand. Also you can order cappuccino with dinner in the MDR for no additional fee. I read on here that alot of folks take the coffee from the Lido and add soft-serve icecream (and maybe alittle Baileys/Kahlua) to it.. sounds yummm :D

Question, is the drydock a definate?

Did the San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk itinerary July 2010 and we'll be repeating it again next July. LOVE this ship. My short review with pics are in my signature.

Question, is the drydock a definate?

Yes, the drydock is definate. It is scheduled for January 2012. We will be on the first 8 day sailing out of drydock 1/29/12 (there is a 2 day CTN just before our sailing).

Hoping they don't add the Serenity area to the aft pool area, that's my favorite spot on the Spirit class ships.

LOVE the Miracle BTW! :)

We will be on the last cruise the Miracle makes before dry-dock. Hope things are fun then!

I travel with my two teen daughters, and we have plenty of storage room. We each take a shelf, and share the bottom one for shoes. The drawers are on the desk unit. If you need more hangers, you can request them.

If you have a sofa in your room, there will be two large drawers underneath that.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

the best balcony on the ship- there are three of them

these are 8K

6232 for 4 people

Hi Serene,

Thank you. However my wife & I like to stay forward on a ship, and typically stay away from adjoining cabins, or cabins that sleep 3 or 4. We always try to have a cabin that sleeps 2 on both sides of us also, if possible. Deck 8 is not an option because there are not cabins above, only below. Like to have that cushion of cabins above & below. I like port side, I'm looking at cabins 6128, 6138 or 6142, no obstructions, can look down at the water, and its forward. Different strokes for different folks, the best is so very different for everyone, but thank you very much for your photo of the balcony for 4 people, very nice indeed..

Miracle is my favorite ship to date. I loved the decor, the layout of the ship, the aft adult-only pool. Hope you enjoy her too.

Thank you for the welcome aboard Stargate Fan,

I especially liked when you wrote (real coffee), LOL! Can't drink that fake coffee concentrate syrup stuff.. Think its a natural laxative, hahaha! But true!

Hi Serene,

Thank you. However my wife & I like to stay forward on a ship, and typically stay away from adjoining cabins, or cabins that sleep 3 or 4. We always try to have a cabin that sleeps 2 on both sides of us also, if possible. Deck 8 is not an option because there are not cabins above, only below. Like to have that cushion of cabins above & below. I like port side, I'm looking at cabins 6128, 6138 or 6142, no obstructions, can look down at the water, and its forward. Different strokes for different folks, the best is so very different for everyone, but thank you very much for your photo of the balcony for 4 people, very nice indeed..

ONLY one of those cabins hold 4 people- (6232) and rare can someone book it for only two people. the other cabins hold ONLY 2 people.

It sits next the the stewards closet.

So if you ever want to change--

Hi Serene,

I am booked in room 6140 for the Miracle 9/11 cruise! I am hoping its not too close to the elevator though!

I am booked in room 6140 for the Miracle 9/11 cruise! I am hoping its not too close to the elevator though!

across from your cabin will be a wall- no cabins. You are far enough away from the elevator.

We had 6232 on the Legend and the Pride- right by the elevator- never heard anything.

Had 7411 on the Liberty twice which is right at the elevator- again never heard a thing.

Sometimes even when standing in the elevator bank you really gotta listen for the ding.

Just off the Miracle. DH drank lots of the coffee and said it wasn't bad. He did eye the cafe several times but was content with the lido deck coffee, he normally can drink about 6 cups in the morning alone.

The Miracle did not offer any type of picture package. DD bought one portrait and a small lido deck picture and a 5 x 7 picture from Half Moon Cay and it was about $43.

Karen

Thank you very much for the replies so far to my questions here in regards to the Miracle.

I have a feeling we are gonna love the ship!

Can't wait to read the Miracle updates after the January 2012 dry dock.

I did think of another small question concerning turnaround day on a B2B.

Are new Carnival key cards issued the last evening of the 1st voyage, or given to you during turnaround day itself?

Archived