Port Everglades Question

Kykitty

We are sailing out of PE on Oasis 12/17/2011. Does anyone have info/experiences to share regarding parking at the port vs park & ride from area hotels? We are driving down this time instead of flying, and any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!:)

Pt. Everglades is my second favorite port to go out of (Pt. Canaveral first) because it is easy to get around and accessable to the airport, highways, etc. It is very compact to me also and the garage is very nice place to put your car in.

I used to live in the Ft. Lauderdale area for years and I can tell you a few hotels that are right next/opposite to the cruise ship terminals that are very nice. I suggest the Marriott Marina, you can get a room facing the port and wake up to see your ship right there docked. You can also stay at the Embassy Suites there....if you want a more upper scale hotel right on the beach I suggest the Marriott Harbor Beach. The Marriott Marina does provide shuttle service to the beach which is only a very short distance, they also provide shuttle service to the pier, but being that your driving, I would not hesitate at all leaving my car in the terminal in Pt. Everglades, its all safe with security. Not sure of the parking fees but all parking fees average 10-14 a day it should not cost anymore than that.

We are sailing out of PE on Oasis 12/17/2011. Does anyone have info/experiences to share regarding parking at the port vs park & ride from area hotels? We are driving down this time instead of flying, and any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!:)

Check out the Florida forum for lots of information on Port Everglades and area hotels. Parking at the port is $15 per day. There are cheaper offsite options that have mixed reviews.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

We were just there this past June on the Oasis, and parked in the Port area, it was $15.00 a day. We prefered to park there because once we were off the ship we could get to our car and be on our way without having to wait for shuttles etc. Also the porter took all our luggage to the car were we were parked. I gave him a good tip for that. He had offered to take our luggage to the car, I found that really great.

We used Park N Go in April. It was great. Pulled in and parked our car and the shuttle came over before we could even get our luggage out of the car. They give you a ticket that you give to the driver after the cruise which tells them where you are parked in the lot. Afterwards there was a shuttle waiting and took us back to the lot and drove us right up to our car and unloaded our bags. We were given a bottle of cold water as we left the lot. You pay as you leave. You don't have to prepay. Here is their website:

http://offairportparking.com/portevg/

Sharon

we are staying at the hampton inn on stirling before our cruise. it is cheaper to stay at hotel, get free breakfast, transport to and from port, 14 days parking. check out stay123we always book a hotel with parking, etc for our cruises.

Thank you all for your informative responses! Sharon, when you refer to Park and Go, I am thinking you are talking about parking at the port? That sounds appealing to me. Thanks for the websites also!

Lisa

Thank you all for your informative responses! Sharon, when you refer to Park and Go, I am thinking you are talking about parking at the port? That sounds appealing to me. Thanks for the websites also!

Lisa

The Park N Go is right near the entrance to the port. We liked it because we wanted to control when we went to the port and wanted to get back on the road after debarking. It worked great. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Plantation. It was right by a mall. They told us it would cost $25 to park for the duration of our cruise (8 days). We had used points to stay there so we just decided to use Park N Go. At the time we stayed there it was $6.99 per day. Our total with tax - $58.29. That was alot better than $120 parking at the port parking lot.

Park N Go is a fenced in lot and there is someone stationed at the entrance booth all the time since they also use this lot for airport parking. If we cruise again from FLL we will definitely park here.

Sharon

Archived