Empress or Lido???

travelinteach

Which ship are you planning on going on?

If it's a Conquest class ship, I would go with Empress(deck 7) because it has a floor of rooms above and below it to block out noise. Lido(deck 9) may seem more convenient because you just have to walk a bit to get to the pool/buffet, but it's more than likely very loud as well.

So really, it all depends on if you prefer peace and quiet, but a bit of travel time or convenience but at the same time not much peace.

Personally, I would get a balcony on the Empress deck, because I don't mind walking up a flight or two of stairs to get to the Lido deck.

We stayed in our first Lido deck cabin this past April on the Freedom and loved it. Plan to book that deck from now on. We were worried it would be noisy but it wasn't a problem at all and we were right by the atrium elevators.

Looks like you can't go wrong with either choice...happy cruising!

I stayed on the empress deck on my last 2 cruises, which were both on Fantasy class ships. My next cruise will also be on empress. The location is perfect. It's the deck used for embarkation/debarkation. Bar, laundry, and internet cafe are on this floor. If your room is towards the back, you have very easy access to the aft dining room (up 1 floor) and all the night life (up 2 floors). My vote is for empress. :D

We used to sail the Glory when it was here in Port Canavarel been on her 4 times had the same cabin 3 times was on Lido belive it was 9200 range port side was close to everything and still quiet. Hopes this helps you. Happy Sailing:D:D

Have always picked Empress (quiet, nothing but staterooms above and below), but definitely want to try Lido next time!

We have the empress deck for upcoming cruise, (as the whole family is going and booked balconies on this deck), but I do want to try the lido on next cruise. I guess I like to be close to where the action is.

I have been on the Glory twice. Once with Lido balcony and once with Empress balcony.

I would choose the Lido, especially if you are poolside folk. It's not in the least bit "noisy" - as a matter of fact, you have less foot traffic in the Lido hallways than anywhere else, especially at night. Most people are down in the Promenade area, trying to get to the dining rooms, entertainment, etc. Lido cabins are really awesome because it allows you to go to your cabin conveniently from the pool areas. This comes in really handy for bathroom breaks, and re-filling any frosty cold beverage you might be enjoying. :D

Have Fun!

We have the empress deck for upcoming cruise, (as the whole family is going and booked balconies on this deck), but I do want to try the lido on next cruise. I guess I like to be close to where the action is.

Exactly my thinking :) especially when travelling with the kids. I couldn't book a balcony and a 3 person stateroom nearby on the Lido on the Liberty, will definitely do so the next time! Sounds perfect!

We are deciding between The Glory and Legend and have almost decided on The Glory

Love the Glory, good size, the seaside theatre is a plus. I would go with empress if you can. We wanted a room on Empress on the Liberty but they're all full. Oddly enough, the exact room we had on the Glory is available.

Have always picked Empress (quiet, nothing but staterooms above and below), but definitely want to try Lido next time!

My thoughts exactly , we always choose empress , what you said and great price as well. But really want to try the Lido deck next cruise.

We just came back from the Glory, and we had a balcony on Lido. It was perfect. There are cabins above and below, so there was no chair scraping, etc. It was so convenient to everything. Not all ships have cabins on the lido deck, but from now on, I will always book Lido if available.

Have a great cruise.

Archived