Adventure or Serenade in S. Caribbean??

jimbug

Help! Looking to book a Southern Caribbean cruise for next March very soon. I was thinking Carnival Destiny (in fact, had specific cabin picked out already and was going to make deposit today), then thought to check prices on RCCL's Adventure and Serenade OTS. The prices were basically the same....now here's my question... is one of the ships or itineraries better than the other? I realize they are different classes of ships, but is there something amazingly good or bad about either one? Also, the Serenade hits 5 ports with only 1 sea day...I can't decide if that's good or bad! It sounds great, but could also be too tiring. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

I would pick Serenade. Out of 16 cruises that class is the prettiest of all. After returning from my one Voyager class (Navigator) I felt like I had spent the week at Mall of America. Serenade with all those glass walls gives you an everpresent feeling of being in touch with the sea.

It really depends on what you want from the cruise! We much prefer the Voyager class ships (Adventure) for the variety of activities - the Promenade with its cafe, shopping, bars, etc., the ice skating, roller blading, etc. The Serenade is indeed a beautiful ship! Of the 3 Radiance class ships we have been on - Radiance, Brilliance, and Serenade - we thought the Serenade was the best! We find that there is not nearly as many activities that interest us on the Radiance class ships.

Also, whether you want more sea days or more ports is a very personal choice as well. On the Serenade we would prefer more port days since there is just not that much to do on that class of ships. But on the Adventure we would prefer more sea days. We find sea days to be much less hectic and more relaxing. Of course it depends on what you plan for the port days too. We love just going to the beach and relaxing, rather than taking tours.

You need to decide what interests you the most and choose the ship and itinerary to suit your tastes! With either the Adventure or the Serenade you can't go wrong. Both are fantastic ships and the Southern Caribbean is terrific!

We have done both....and loved both. I do think we all loved the Serenade for it's ports the most. They were by far the most exciting. As you already stated, there is only one sea day which doesn't give you much "down" time. Either ship is beautiful, but my daughter and I prefer the Serenade and husband the Adventurer (likes more space). We sailed the Serenade twice last year and will be on her in May to Hawaii, so we are winning. :) Anyway, either ship...either destination would be great. You really can not go wrong. cruislovin advised you well!

Archived