Coffee

FlotsamJetsam

So, you have to gp to Michael's and pay extra or pay extra for a good cup of coffee at the coffee bar? That's ridiculous. A cruise line should have excellent coffee that's included in the cost of the cruise. I guess if the coffee isn't very good quality then the cruise line can make money off coffee sold per cup at the specialty bar or restaurant. The mark-up on coffee is enormous. Even a very good coffee can be made for pennies per cup. From what I've read here the "free" coffee is probably weak.

Weak is not what comes to my mind...actually there have been times

it was way too strong for me so it can go either way. If it is during

my dinner I will ask for a new cup if I don't like what I have been served.

Normally I have a cup after dinner, either with dessert or just on its

own.

I wholly agree with the opinion that Starbucks is the Mc.Donalds of coffees. Absolutely no comparison with Lavazza and Illy, or Dauwe Egberts or... Nespresso.

The Starbucks is just too weak for my taste. Also, I sometimes do like some Robusto beans in my " coffee mix" instead of 100% Arabica. Especially in the morning, when I need a thorough wake-up;)

I think Norweigian Cruise Line has the best coffee. They still have the little coffee pots in your room so you can brew it yourself before you go to breakfast so I know that it is fresh.

Does anyone know if any other cruise line does that?

We have been on NCL, Princess, Carnival, Costa, and Celebrity and I still think NCL has the best coffee.

I think Norweigian Cruise Line has the best coffee. They still have the little coffee pots in your room so you can brew it yourself before you go to breakfast so I know that it is fresh.

Does anyone know if any other cruise line does that?

We have been on NCL, Princess, Carnival, Costa, and Celebrity and I still think NCL has the best coffee.

I haven't had Celebrity's yet, but I have to agree about NCL's coffee. If you stay in a suite, you get French Press coffee which is simply amazing! My favorite coffee is Dallmayr Prodomo from Germany.

I also love the idea of a travel french press. Pour hot water on it, mix it with a chopstick, allow a bloom to form, allow to steep for a few and then press the coffee down....it just doesn't get much better than that! :) It's so easy to just take some coffee and a travel press along. Tuesday Morning, Home Goods and Bed Bath and Beyond normally.....they vary in price, but you will be a happy camper if you love your coffee! :)

Archived