Going solo, payiny enough for 2, do I get credit for 2?

Christmas cruises, New Year's Eve cruises and ALL OF JULY AND AUGUST are blacked out for that solo break! Ticks me off ROYALLY!

Why not just come right out and say "We hate teachers?!?!?!?" :mad:

RCI LOVES teachers. They know that when teachers are not working that there is a LOT of money to be made.:D

I cruise solo. On my last cruise I earned double points and on my upcoming cruise I will earn double points by being booked in a suite. That's the only way I can get double points right now. I don't like paying as much as I do for a solo cabin but I like cruising that much I just grin and bear it.

Flexibility is the key, nothing works out 100% of the time. Best of luck to you. :-)

Im mostly just inviting friends to go along, since its doesnt cost me extra, 1 or 2.

But I might look thru and find a really low supplement out of florida and go if I didnt have anything else booked.

Nope... 1 cruise = 1 credit....just not right if ur paying for the entire cabin at full price.

I agree. This should be an automatic perk for those having to pay the full cabin fare for one person in the room. They should treat it similar to the double credit for a suite.

If you took the cruise, you should certainly have gotten a credit - do you still have proof that you were on this cruise (seapass or receipt or even photos)? Call C&A and make sure you get the credit you deserve. Doesn't matter if there are five people in a cabin, each one gets a credit (or two if it's a suite or a long cruise).

You are correct!

Slightly off topic, are solo cruisers expected to pay gratuities for 1 or 2?

I have only tipped for one when solo. I did dust the cabin attendant extra just in case he was counting on two occupants in the room.

Christmas cruises, New Year's Eve cruises and ALL OF JULY AND AUGUST are blacked out for that solo break! Ticks me off ROYALLY!

Why not just come right out and say "We hate teachers?!?!?!?" :mad:

Teachers should just take off a week in the middle of the school year. After all, life experiences mean so much more than school. They could have their students prepare their homework early, then go around and collect it so they can grade while traveling. They could also keep a journal detailing their experiences with different cultures to be shared in class upon return.

:D

Hey everyone, So I'm going solo and I am paying 200%, so basically I am paying for 2 people to stay in my cabin. If I'm paying the same amount of money 2 people would pay and they would both get, shouldn't I get the same amount of credits too?? The way I see it, I'm paying all the money and only getting 1/2 the credits....

My mother always comes with us on our cruises and always pays 200% for her connecting balcony to our balcony. She will be Diamond after the next cruise but if she always got extra credit, would be D+. Too bad it doesn't work that way for you.

Hi

I am a solo traveller and like the idea of extra credits for one person getting solo cabin, but am not super fussed over it

in Princess I get double, but I don't cruise for the points

I cruise for the love of cruising

getting extra for solo is one thing, but saying to receive points just because you paid is daft

one person usually pays, does not mean that the others don't pay you back, and like on planes it is who flies on who gets the miles

the scheme is designed to get you to cruise regularly, not to just get a huge bank of people to do one cruise to instantly get you to D+ or pinnacle even

to get to the level we all need to do the time

thank themn that you get more credits for suites

Cunard give you nothing extra regardless

I think we need to get back to see why we are cruising

If you are more worried about points, then the joy of cruising is not in you

please just enjoy the blessing we have with rccl

cheers

Greg:)

Teachers should just take off a week in the middle of the school year. After all, life experiences mean so much more than school. They could have their students prepare their homework early, then go around and collect it so they can grade while traveling. They could also keep a journal detailing their experiences with different cultures to be shared in class upon return.

:D

I love you, Chris! :D :p ;) :D

Well if the person who paid for the cruise got all the points I would have probably made Pinnacle by now.

The Royal Caribbean points have never been a fair deal. Since the change in January they are a little more fair.

So many people living near a port (Florida in particular) had it made in the shade. they didn't have to pay for flights and could hop on ships at the last moment at low prices, especially the 3-4 nighters.

The rest of us? Like me? Booking 3-5 cabins every time, and 6- 10 flights every time with me and DH paying every time. What did we get? One credit per cruise. So to get to D Plus where we are now we probably paid almost $150-200 thousand dollars. Yet we just now made D+.

But at least all our kids will be D plus. Plus all our grandchildren even those

yet to be born. Guess that makes us even with the 3-4 nighters. Crowding the ranks of the CL even more. Almost all the folks we cruise with are turning D + just as we were all turning Diamond in 2008-2009. I fully expect cutbacks to occur to the D/D+.

Probably an increase in the Suite perks and a decrease in the D+/Diamond.

As far as Pinnacle.......who cares?

I think you are missing the point. The OP isnt saying its because she is paying for another real person.

Actually it is easy to determine if there is only one person in a cabin or not. OP is talking about solo cruising .. not just if I pay for a 2nd person in my cabin.

OP's point is in regard to one person in the cabin. RCL can tell if you sail solo or not.. dont know why people are getting off into paying for someone else's cruise.

On some airlines, if you book two seats for yourself you can get double miles. If you're paying 200% of cruise fare, it seems to me the same should apply to cabins.

Hi

getting extra for solo is one thing, but saying to receive points just because you paid is daft

one person usually pays, does not mean that the others don't pay you back, and like on planes it is who flies on who gets the miles

the scheme is designed to get you to cruise regularly, not to just get a huge bank of people to do one cruise to instantly get you to D+ or pinnacle even

Greg:)

If I got the points for everyone who I pay for I would have made pinnicle easily. And no, I don't get paid back.:mad::D:D

Hi Ocean Boy

If I got the points for everyone who I pay for I would have made pinnicle easily. And no, I don't get paid back.:mad::D:D

I too have paid enough for being into pinacle without getting paid back

I have bought many a cruise as a gift for family and friends.

Most of my cruising has been done solo, only the last few years have i started sharing cabins more than not

The point of the frequent cruiser loyalty programmes is to bring you back more, not just get a number of other people to get on in one or a few cruises

They have a friends deal also for bringing new people where you can get $25 each cabin for bringing new people.

Your paying for others shows you as a nice person and good friend to those you paid for, but your loyalty is shown from your return trips to RCCL

Lets enjoy the cruise and enjoy the benefit of a solo cabin:)

• 2 weeks later...
Anna,

Sadly Royal doesn't give double credits for singles sailing solo. Princess will give you 2 credits for sailing solo which to me is only fair. Enjoy your cruise.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa for the info on Princess, I've never sailed them, but I think I'll look into them now.

If you took the cruise, you should certainly have gotten a credit - do you still have proof that you were on this cruise (seapass or receipt or even photos)? Call C&A and make sure you get the credit you deserve. Doesn't matter if there are five people in a cabin, each one gets a credit (or two if it's a suite or a long cruise).

Thanks Gerif, good thought, and as it turns out I still have my SailPass from that cruise:D

I'll give it a shot...

:DThanks again Gerif, I was one point away from platinum and with calling RCCL with my old SeaPass card in hand...I am sailing as platinum on my next already booked cruise + RCCL says I'll get a balcony discount for the cruises I have booked already too...it's been a good day, have a beer on me;)

:DThanks again Gerif, I was one point away from platinum and with calling RCCL with my old SeaPass card in hand...I am sailing as platinum on my next already booked cruise + RCCL says I'll get a balcony discount for the cruises I have booked already too...it's been a good day, have a beer on me;)

That's great! Sure you'll enjoy your cruises even more now. You'll also get to disembark from a special lounge with continental breakfast.

Archived