How is the FLL Fairfield Inn?

bedfordmom

Haven’t stayed there yet but have reserved for 2 nites before our Allure cruise this October. I did quite a bit of comparison shopping on all the discount sites like Priceline, Last Minute Travel(even researched the supposed hidden hotels on that site),etc., and decided on Fairfield. It is a fairly new hotel, they have free breakfast, wifi in-room; free parking (the other hotels like Hilton had parking fees $14/16 per nite),a free shuttle for up to 5 miles, a free shuttle to/from the airport and a shuttle to the port for $6. If we decide to leave our car at the hotel during the cruise, we can take their shuttle to the port and then on returning we may catch the free shuttle to the airport car rental bldg. and take the Fairfield free shuttle back to the hotel.

Haven’t stayed there yet but have reserved for 2 nites before our Allure cruise this October. I did quite a bit of comparison shopping on all the discount sites like Priceline, Last Minute Travel(even researched the supposed hidden hotels on that site),etc., and decided on Fairfield. It is a fairly new hotel, they have free breakfast, wifi in-room; free parking (the other hotels like Hilton had parking fees $14/16 per nite),a free shuttle for up to 5 miles, a free shuttle to/from the airport and a shuttle to the port for $6. If we decide to leave our car at the hotel during the cruise, we can take their shuttle to the port and then on returning we may catch the free shuttle to the airport car rental bldg. and take the Fairfield free shuttle back to the hotel.

This is not a criticism, but your font is extremely small. You give good info in your post, but it may be difficult for some to actually get that info if they can't see/read it.

Thanks; yes the deal was on Last Minute Travel; it was one of the deals that wasn't hidden. Actually has everything we are looking for so we may end up booking it. It is for February so I feel like I have time.

If we decide to leave our car at the hotel during the cruise, we can take their shuttle to the port and then on returning we may catch the free shuttle to the airport car rental bldg. and take the Fairfield free shuttle back to the hotel.

Just a note about the supposed "free" shuttle to the airport. This is for Alamo/National customers, and the driver's usually ask for proof, especially going from the port to the airport, as they know people try to to scam like this.

On one of the discount hotel websites I noticed that the Fort Lauderdale Fairfield Inn and Suites is only $69 in February. Their regular website lists 169 dollars. Is it too good to be true?

Marriott has a lowest-rate match policy, called "Look No Further", where if you find a lower published rate, they will match it plus give you 25% off the lower rate. This excludes certain rates (including pre-paid, 'voucher' rates), so I'm not sure they would accept the claim, but it's worth a try:

-Reserve the $169 rate on marriott.com (I checked - it's fully cancellable);

-Submit a claim here: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/pop-up.mi , providing the link to the lower LMT rate;

-If they reject your claim, just cancel the marriott.com reservation and reserve the LMT rate; if the accept your claim, then you should see your rate ajusted to something around $52.

It's my favourite way to obtain discounts on hotels; next week, I'm staying in downtown Boston for $105/night in a hotel that usually is $240+ :D.

To the OP: if your LMT claim is rejected, the Fairfield Inn is also available on AA.com for $80/night, which means you could make a claim using that rate and get your price down to $60/night, still a great deal (and I can tell you from experience that AA.com is eligible for the Look No Further rate claim).

Marriott has a lowest-rate match policy, called "Look No Further", where if you find a lower published rate, they will match it plus give you 25% off the lower rate. This excludes certain rates (including pre-paid, 'voucher' rates), so I'm not sure they would accept the claim, but it's worth a try:

-Reserve the $169 rate on marriott.com (I checked - it's fully cancellable);

-Submit a claim here: http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/pop-up.mi , providing the link to the lower LMT rate;

-If they reject your claim, just cancel the marriott.com reservation and reserve the LMT rate; if the accept your claim, then you should see your rate ajusted to something around $52.

Wow thats incredibly helpful; I will do that today. Thanks. I much rather book through a chain rather than through a discount internet company in case something goes wrong (plus I can cancel prior if something else better comes up)

Sorry to burst your bubble but take a look at the terms and conditions of the Marriott best price. Looks like AAA members can't take advantage of it or any broker sites.

Hopefully LMT isn't a broker site and it will work with that. Check out terms and conditions. Hope I am wrong.

Dawn

Bedfordmom, please come back and tell us what happens. So much thans to Twickenham for this info. I pride myself on looking for the best bargains, and I am kicking myself for missing this:(

I booked today and submitted my claim and will let everyone know what happens.

I did this yesterday and my claim was denied. It stated that LMT is a site that does not show the property name, although in this case, it clearly does. I just cancelled the Marriott reservation and rebooked with LMT.

Sorry to burst your bubble but take a look at the terms and conditions of the Marriott best price. Looks like AAA members can't take advantage of it or any broker sites.

Hopefully LMT isn't a broker site and it will work with that. Check out terms and conditions. Hope I am wrong.

Dawn

You cannot make a LNF rate on an AAA rate, yes, however the rate the OP is looking at is not an AAA rate AFAIK.

I did this yesterday and my claim was denied. It stated that LMT is a site that does not show the property name, although in this case, it clearly does. I just cancelled the Marriott reservation and rebooked with LMT.

I would push the issue myself. Otherwise, if you're talking about the same hotel and dates as the OP, there is still a rate on AA.com that is lower than the Marriott site, so try that.

What a wealth of information on these boards! I'll be bookmarking the aavacations site for future reference. In reviewing what they have listed, I see that many of the hotels on LMT are also on there. Good comparison shopping. Unfortunately for my dates I can't take advantage of the Marriott discount offers as aa shows a higher rate.

What a wealth of information on these boards! I'll be bookmarking the aavacations site for future reference. In reviewing what they have listed, I see that many of the hotels on LMT are also on there. Good comparison shopping. Unfortunately for my dates I can't take advantage of the Marriott discount offers as aa shows a higher rate.

My request for a price match against LMT was also turned down. I was going try one more time with a quote from www.govvacationrewards.com (site for gov employee) with a quote for the same place at 75$ including taxes to see if it works. But then decided it was a waste of my time as that group is also excempt from their guarentee.

I'm starting to think the Marriott guarentee is a joke and a marketing ploy ensured for their own website price drops so people don't cancel and rebook. So I will cancel and most likely rebook with the govt vacation website.

My request for a price match against LMT was also turned down. I was going try one more time with a quote from www.govvacationrewards.com (site for gov employee) with a quote for the same place at 75$ including taxes to see if it works. But then decided it was a waste of my time as that group is also excempt from their guarentee.

I'm starting to think the Marriott guarentee is a joke and a marketing ploy ensured for their own website price drops so people don't cancel and rebook. So I will cancel and most likely rebook with the govt vacation website.

Did you try using the aa.com price of $80?

the marriott guarantee is not a joke and i have used it..

I WOULD get a screen shot of the LMT rate that shows the name of the hotel and push the issues..

the rate for the government employee website is NOT eligible as that is already a discounted rate...

back to the LMT rate...if it is NOT a prepaid rate then you should try submitting it again...and the rate as booked through the airline website..again provided it isn't prepaid should also work.....

I wrote them back, pushed the issue about LMT and did not recieve a reply. Got discouraged and cancelled the original reservation. I suspect aa.com may not qualify as well. Maybe someone else can give it a try. May go with the govt website; $75 which includes taxes; so that may even be lower than LMT. Both sites are prepaid so that may also be a disqualifier for the guarentee program. But thanks for the information anyway

Back to the original question; has anyone else stayed at the Fairfield? Trip advisor reviews look generally positive

Archived