? updates on Rome Tiburtina

epixx

Plan to use public transportation from Trastevere to Tivoli later this week. ATAC website suggests FM1 train to Tiburtina station to FM2 to Tivoli. Is this route feasible this week, or should we take Tram #3 (bus) to Circus Maximus metro B to Ponte Mammolo to COTRAL bus?

I think your question is about whether or not the fire at Tiburtina last month continues to impact the train schedule? It does not appear so.

However, regardless of the train situation, I think the COTRAL bus is the easier alternative. The train station in Tivoli is across the river from the historic sites, while the bus takes you within a couple of blocks (of Villa d'Este).

If you do use the train, local bus #4 takes you between the historic sites (it has stops within a block or two of Villa Adriana and Villa d'Este). The local bus company has a good web site (in English) where you can see the maps of each line: http://www.cattivoli.com/en/busline4_route.html

You mention taking the tram to the metro - what is your starting point?

I think your question is about whether or not the fire at Tiburtina last month continues to impact the train schedule? It does not appear so.

However, regardless of the train situation, I think the COTRAL bus is the easier alternative. The train station in Tivoli is across the river from the historic sites, while the bus takes you within a couple of blocks (of Villa d'Este).

If you do use the train, local bus #4 takes you between the historic sites (it has stops within a block or two of Villa Adriana and Villa d'Este). The local bus company has a good web site (in English) where you can see the maps of each line: http://www.cattivoli.com/en/busline4_route.html

You mention taking the tram to the metro - what is your starting point?

Starting point is Hotel Santa Maria (Vicolo del Piede, 2). I was just following the ATAC website, which suggests the train route. It looked to me like the best way to get to Metro B from the hotel would be to take tram. Do you have a better way to reach Metro B?

Archived