Grilling my catch on board

Boatsales

While in the port of Cabo, I am going to be meeting my brother who has a charter for deep sea fishing. Does anyone know if Carnival will allow my catch to be prepared for us on the ship and/or allow the use of their enormous flash freezers for transport home? Otherwise, if real lucky, I will be calling the local orphanage which I have done in the past.

Sounds like one lucky orphage. I dont think they can allow their refrigerators to be comtainmenated and so on, or so Iv read, but they wouldnt allow you to bring it onboard.

Now that would be wonderful to share with the other pax, better than the fish in the dining room.

While in the port of Cabo, I am going to be meeting my brother who has a charter for deep sea fishing. Does anyone know if Carnival will allow my catch to be prepared for us on the ship and/or allow the use of their enormous flash freezers for transport home? Otherwise, if real lucky, I will be calling the local orphanage which I have done in the past.

Im sure you cant bring it onboard but im sure you can find a local restaurant to prep it for you for a fee and have a nice feast

There are numerous restaurants that will cook your fish for you all along the Marina. My personal favorite is Mango Cantania, the one on the Marina, not be be confused with Mango Deck which is on Medano Beach. For approx $7.00, they will cook it 3 different ways and serve it with rice and veges.

And your idea of donating the rest to an orphanage is a very nice one. There is Griselda's Smoke House also on the Marina, not too far from the tender pier. Don't know if they ship back to the states or not. Your brother should know that.

Just saw this on the Golden Princess. They rolled out the cooked fish that the fellow had caught on an excursion. It was on a wheeled cart with vegetables around the platter and the waiter came and served it to everyone at this table. We were seated right next to them so had to ask what was going on... :) It looked really good.

This was brought up last year over on the Carnival boards and according to CCL you cannot bring your catch back on board. Most folks were encouraged to give their catch to the Captain and ask him to donate it to any locals that may be in need. I have also heard that you can gel-pack your catch and ship it home to yourself. I can't imagine doing this but it was stated.

First I just want to say I hope that you only catch and release the Marlin :). Secondly, I would highly recommend that if you do catch any Tuna/Dorado/Wahoo, that fish is too good to get rid of. I would definately have my catch prepped to be shipped home. May cost a few bucks, but when you get home and receive all your great fish, you can enjoy a great b-b-q at home with friends and family sharing your great trip! Enjoy your vacation, Cabo is beautiful.

Oh shoot just pack a 1 time use bbq and grill it on your balcony.

After all you are on vacation Right?

This is only a joke since that is everybody's excuse for not following the rules:D

On that note if you google you will find there are local restaurants that you can visit and they will prepare it for you for a fee.

Check with the charter I'm sure they can help you out with this info.

sorry no outside fish alloud

My Mom was the same way' date=' only inside fish. ;)[/quote']

Yeah, only inside fish. AND they had to be quiet ones!!!!!!:p;)

I like the one time BBQ grill on the balcony Idea. That was my first thought!:D

When we were in Cozumel this past March, we chartered a fishing boat. The crew took us to a local restaraunt (actually it was Margaritaville). I beleive we paid $8 and they prepared the fish and served it with side items as a complete meal.

Can NOT bring back on cruise ship!

Archived