I am grateful!!!

bougiet

I agree! These last few days the boards have been a drag....

If people can afford a cruise, I sure hope they can afford a bag of shrimp and a jar of cocktail sauce. :p

LMAO, all this shrimp talk has made me hungry so I bought a big bag at the grocery yesterday...And I make my own sauce.....:):),.....Dennis

You are right that it is unfair to make those comparisons. It is a shame to lower the class of those fine places to Carnival's current level.

Maybe you need to go over to RCCL and pay another $600/1,000 for your cruise and come back and tell us how the food is over there..I just went back and looked at your last 20 post and saw how many were negative...maybe you need a mirror....:).Dennis

LMAO, all this shrimp talk has made me hungry so I bought a big bag at the grocery yesterday...And I make my own sauce.....:):),.....Dennis

Lol, I am going to buy some when i go shopping tomorrow. And i agree, you should make your own sauce. The premade stuff doesn't have enough horseradish.

that I even have the funds to vacation. I can't handle all the complaints about freakin shrimp cocktail...Seriously!! Also, that Carnival is now being compared to Mickie D's, Denny's, Applebee's, Marie Calander, Golden Corrall so on and so forth. Really?:confused:.

Has anyone noticed we are in a recission? Have you realized how much more plane tickets cost and the cuts they have made. I am paying around the same price as I paid in the early 2000's. :eek:

Has anyone gone grocery shopping lately?:eek:

It all seems so petty to me. If you want the higher end experience then please move on over to another line that can offer you this.:D

I am a foodie. I looked at the menu and can not for the life of me understand all these complaints. Are we so spoiled that we are just never satisified? :cool:

To be able to vacation is a blessing with the mess thats been created the last 2 years economically. I love the new menus, hey some people wanted change 2 years ago now look at what you got. :mad:By the way you can get shrimp cocktail at dennys , so they are contradicting themselves.

One could always book an aft balcony and use a trawling net to catch their own shrimp supply...:p

Guess I am not complaining as my husband would go out in his boat with his friends and WOO HOO, all the shrimp you could ever want. Boy did we make the shrimp cocktails (cocktail sauce, horserashish, hmmmmm.) I have had my fill of shrimp cocktails. Now what I would miss is the LOBSTER :), yummy :p.

Guess I am not complaining as my husband would go out in his boat with his friends and WOO HOO, all the shrimp you could ever want. Boy did we make the shrimp cocktails (cocktail sauce, horserashish, hmmmmm.) I have had my fill of shrimp cocktails. Now what I would miss is the LOBSTER :), yummy :p.

Wow, how does one fish for shrimp. Boy, would I love to do that!! I wouldn't mind being able to get some sea scallops either!!:D

that I even have the funds to vacation. I can't handle all the complaints about freakin shrimp cocktail...Seriously!! Also, that Carnival is now being compared to Mickie D's, Denny's, Applebee's, Marie Calander, Golden Corrall so on and so forth. Really?:confused:.

Has anyone noticed we are in a recission? Have you realized how much more plane tickets cost and the cuts they have made. I am paying around the same price as I paid in the early 2000's. :eek:

It all seems so petty to me. If you want the higher end experience then please move on over to another line that can offer you this.:D

I am a foodie. I looked at the menu and can not for the life of me understand all these complaints. Are we so spoiled that we are just never satisified? :cool:

For those of us who have cruised for 10 years with Carnival, it's not a question of being satisfied.

I have seen how Carnival has changed things, especially since Gary Cahill

took the helm.

Shrimp cocktail doesnt matter to me, but to some it does.

The flat iron steak is inedible---they took away the NY strips.

The champagne that is offered at the past guest party and the farewell party tastes like vintage eu de toilet, it used to be good.

Loyality program hasnt changed any after hearing for 2 yrs that it would.

Piano bar entertainment for the most part is not nearly as good as it used to be, except for a few .

I dont consider kareoke entertainment. I've seen no news shows for 5-6 years.

No suite perks except priority check in.

As a stockholder and former lover of Carnival, it really saddens me to see these cutbacks. and I'm not going to SETTLE......we will spend our money elsewhere till things improve.

OP, are you complaining about zero percent inflation over the past decade in an industry that's been bankrupted, bleeding cash, losing competetion (NW/Delta merger, Continental/United merger, Southwest/Airtran merger, Aloha defunct), all the while operating without a fatality accident from a mainline US carrier since November, 2001? Fuel prices alone have tripled, security costs skyrocketed, and we're paying the same basic fare to get on a plane and fly as we did ten years ago. I'm no apologist for the airlines; they have their fair share of problems, but on the whole, air travel is cheap, reliable, and, most importantly, safe.

Now, to respond to the balance of your post, I wholeheartedly agree that all too often these "reviews" have become nothing more than gripe sessions for the authors.

Reading some reviews can make you wonder if the only thing that didn't go wrong was the ship sinking.

One of my design professors recommended a way of critiquing someone's work: I like, I like, I wish. Find a couple things you like about a design, comment on that, and include your concerns/criticism.

OK, so the dining room food wasn't that great. Were the shows fun? How was the wait staff? Did your cabin attendant meet your expectations? What about your ports and/or excursions? Surely the whole week wasn't spent in absolute misery, was it?

{Stepping off my soap box...}

I'm quoting the poster who said "This is a forum to talk about, and frequently complain about, cruising."

Really?

I didn't realize CC actually stood for Cruise Complainers.

Go find me a thread without 1 complaint. Let me know how that works out for you.

Because someone needs to complain about all of the complainers. :D

Yes, there is a recession. The point many are making is that Carnival is dealing with it by cutting back on some things and other lines are either raising prices or taking in lesser profits. If people don't want to read about cutbacks and criticism of their favorite cruise line, they should avoid the threads critical of Carnival. But it is worth discussion on a site called Cruise Critic.

Do you really think there is a cruise line that is purposefully and consciously choosing lesser profits on the consumer's behalf? If so, then I would not want to own stock in that company.

OP, are you complaining about zero percent inflation over the past decade in an industry that's been bankrupted, bleeding cash, losing competetion (NW/Delta merger, Continental/United merger, Southwest/Airtran merger, Aloha defunct), all the while operating without a fatality accident from a mainline US carrier since November, 2001? Fuel prices alone have tripled, security costs skyrocketed, and we're paying the same basic fare to get on a plane and fly as we did ten years ago. I'm no apologist for the airlines; they have their fair share of problems, but on the whole, air travel is cheap, reliable, and, most importantly, safe.

Now, to respond to the balance of your post, I wholeheartedly agree that all too often these "reviews" have become nothing more than gripe sessions for the authors.

Reading some reviews can make you wonder if the only thing that didn't go wrong was the ship sinking.

One of my design professors recommended a way of critiquing someone's work: I like, I like, I wish. Find a couple things you like about a design, comment on that, and include your concerns/criticism.

OK, so the dining room food wasn't that great. Were the shows fun? How was the wait staff? Did your cabin attendant meet your expectations? What about your ports and/or excursions? Surely the whole week wasn't spent in absolute misery, was it?

{Stepping off my soap box...}

No, I am not complaining at all. I am not sure where you get that. I was making a comparison on airline, food, fuel and so on. I have been flying my whole life so I know very well about prices of airfair. Yes, they have gone up only because they have too.

For those of us who have cruised for 10 years with Carnival, it's not a question of being satisfied.

I have seen how Carnival has changed things, especially since Gary Cahill

took the helm.

Shrimp cocktail doesnt matter to me, but to some it does.

The flat iron steak is inedible---they took away the NY strips.

The champagne that is offered at the past guest party and the farewell party tastes like vintage eu de toilet, it used to be good.

Loyality program hasnt changed any after hearing for 2 yrs that it would.

Piano bar entertainment for the most part is not nearly as good as it used to be, except for a few .

I dont consider kareoke entertainment. I've seen no news shows for 5-6 years.

No suite perks except priority check in.

As a stockholder and former lover of Carnival, it really saddens me to see these cutbacks. and I'm not going to SETTLE......we will spend our money elsewhere till things improve.

If you did not see from my signature, I have been cruising since 03. Yes, they had steel bands, more shows, New York stip steaks and son on. My last cruise I had excellent food. I was very satisfied compared to the crusie I took in 06. Again, if this cruise line is not to your liking then pay more on another crusie line. There are plenty of us who continue to cruise with Carnival.

Have people not noticed that many things are not the same as they used to be. It is called a recession.

Wow, how does one fish for shrimp. Boy, would I love to do that!! I wouldn't mind being able to get some sea scallops either!!:D

Never got sea scallops but would love them too. You don't actually fish for shrimp, you go trawling. It is a big gigantic net that you put in the water and I guess scoop the shrimp up LOL. I have never went. Went a few times in the boat and that's it. I am fine on a cruise ship, but don't put me in a small 17 ft. foot boat. Anyway like I said, my husband use to go a lot with his friends and would come home with a couple of ice chests full of shrimp. We would have our own shrimp boil and being from New Orleans, we sure know how to season them. Yummy! :D

If you did not see from my signature, I have been cruising since 03. Yes, they had steel bands, more shows, New York stip steaks and son on. My last cruise I had excellent food. I was very satisfied compared to the crusie I took in 06. Again, if this cruise line is not to your liking then pay more on another crusie line. There are plenty of us who continue to cruise with Carnival.

Have people not noticed that many things are not the same as they used to be. It is called a recession.

I am - see my signature.

Archived