Oceania's Free Shuttles List

hoffdahl

2 hours ago, irisbax3 said:

is there a shuttle in Durban, S.A.?

Yes there was one last  January  when we went on our cruise...there should be a list on one of these pages...i posted the info.  

20 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

Yes there was one last  January  when we went on our cruise...there should be a list on one of these pages...i posted the info.  

Mrs. f, thanks so much for this helpful info.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 24111951 said:

Please advise if Oceania Nautica provides free shuttles on their British Isles Cruises in

New Castle

Edinburgh

Glasgow

Belfast

Dublin

Holyhead, Wales

Waterford

Portland

Thanks. Violet

Yes to Newcastle,Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Waterford and Portland.  We took a tour in Glasgow so not sure but I think the shuttle just took you out of the dock area at Greenock and not to Glasgow and we never made it to Holyhead as it was too windy.  

We just did the Myths & Legends (grand voyage) cruise in June that included most of these ports.   Not sure when you are going, but here are notes taken from Currents and some notes about our experience.

Newcastle - shuttle (independent, arranged by the port) takes you to Tynemouth metro station where you can take the metro into Newcastle.   From there you can also get a train to Durham if you want.   (Note: we were there on June 11 and there were school groups for end of term in the Durham Cathedral so we were not allowed in beyond the rear portion of the Cathedral but we were allowed into the cloister.).

Edinburgh - we were originally scheduled to dock in Leith, so no shuttle, as it is a short local bus ride into the heart of the city.  However, poor weather, heavy rains and rough seas meant we had to dock in Rosyth which is almost an hour outside the city.  Shuttles were provided and dropped off just near the base of Calton Hill.

Greenock was our port for Glasgow.   No shuttle.   10 or so minute walk to train station for train to Glasgow.  

Holyhead  - shuttle provided by the local port to these 3 locations:  Port Gate, Holyhead Town, and Holyhead Promenade.

Dublin - docked in the Liffey on turnaround day and at end of cruise docked at another pier, both in the city.  No shuttle.

Waterford - shuttle to Berkana Bakery, Custom House Quay.

Belfast -shuttle to Donegal Square North (downtown) area - 20 minutes each way.

5 hours ago, sweep said:

Yes to Newcastle,Edinburgh, Belfast, Dublin, Waterford and Portland.  We took a tour in Glasgow so not sure but I think the shuttle just took you out of the dock area at Greenock and not to Glasgow and we never made it to Holyhead as it was too windy.  

Thanks for your information. Violet 

1 hour ago, the mice said:

We just did the Myths & Legends (grand voyage) cruise in June that included most of these ports.   Not sure when you are going, but here are notes taken from Currents and some notes about our experience.

Newcastle - shuttle (independent, arranged by the port) takes you to Tynemouth metro station where you can take the metro into Newcastle.   From there you can also get a train to Durham if you want.   (Note: we were there on June 11 and there were school groups for end of term in the Durham Cathedral so we were not allowed in beyond the rear portion of the Cathedral but we were allowed into the cloister.).

Edinburgh - we were originally scheduled to dock in Leith, so no shuttle, as it is a short local bus ride into the heart of the city.  However, poor weather, heavy rains and rough seas meant we had to dock in Rosyth which is almost an hour outside the city.  Shuttles were provided and dropped off just near the base of Calton Hill.

Greenock was our port for Glasgow.   No shuttle.   10 or so minute walk to train station for train to Glasgow.  

Holyhead  - shuttle provided by the local port to these 3 locations:  Port Gate, Holyhead Town, and Holyhead Promenade.

Dublin - docked in the Liffey on turnaround day and at end of cruise docked at another pier, both in the city.  No shuttle.

Waterford - shuttle to Berkana Bakery, Custom House Quay.

Belfast -shuttle to Donegal Square North (downtown) area - 20 minutes each way.

Thanks for your information.

We are sailing on Sept 21, 2019 and it looks like we have the same itinerary. We are thinking of doing a combination of shore excursions, HOHO bus and walking around. We are trying to find out what is best to do at different ports. Any advice you can share with us would be much appreciated.

Violet 

Violet

Very quick because working on a 5 week trip (including 24 day cruise) coming up in October.   You are a bit late in the game to figure out private excursions in some of these ports as they book up early.   Have you joined the roll call for your cruise?

Newcastle - we had a long, late port day.   Originally I wanted to take the train to York.   Instead, met another couple, took taxi into Newcastle to save time getting to RR station, train to Durham.  Someone on our roll call put together a private excursion that did part of Hadrian's wall, Durham, Angel of the North.   Probably the best idea for this port.

Edinburgh - spent a week based here in June 2004, so saw it top to bottom including day trips out to Stirling Castle/Trossachs and Glasgow.  Great city, but didn't see much of it this time due to torrential rain.   If you've never been, see the Castle, Royal Mile, etc.

Greenock- took train to Glasgow.  Went to Macintosh House and Kelvingrove, walked a lot to see street art mural.  Train back to Greenock.   As I said, we were here before. 

Holyhead - joined a BusyBus private excursion arranged by someone on our roll call

Dublin - was here for 4 days on another trip, so did a DIY walk of things we hadn't seen.   Much to see, depends on your interests.

Waterford - did a DIY walking tour of some of the major sites, Waterford factory tour, Bishop's Palace.   Small, easy to walk city.

Belfast - best day of entire trip.    6 of us taxied to Titanic Museum and were 1st ones in.   At 10:45 we were picked up by City and Causeway tours for a day trip out to Antrim Coast and Giants Causeway.   Incredible.

Sorry, I really don't have more time to provide more info than this as I have a lot to do to get ready for our trip.

Enjoy your cruise - great itinerary.

19 minutes ago, the mice said:

Violet

Very quick because working on a 5 week trip (including 24 day cruise) coming up in October.   You are a bit late in the game to figure out private excursions in some of these ports as they book up early.   Have you joined the roll call for your cruise?

Newcastle - we had a long, late port day.   Originally I wanted to take the train to York.   Instead, met another couple, took taxi into Newcastle to save time getting to RR station, train to Durham.  Someone on our roll call put together a private excursion that did part of Hadrian's wall, Durham, Angel of the North.   Probably the best idea for this port.

Edinburgh - spent a week based here in June 2004, so saw it top to bottom including day trips out to Stirling Castle/Trossachs and Glasgow.  Great city, but didn't see much of it this time due to torrential rain.   If you've never been, see the Castle, Royal Mile, etc.

Greenock- took train to Glasgow.  Went to Macintosh House and Kelvingrove, walked a lot to see street art mural.  Train back to Greenock.   As I said, we were here before. 

Holyhead - joined a BusyBus private excursion arranged by someone on our roll call

Dublin - was here for 4 days on another trip, so did a DIY walk of things we hadn't seen.   Much to see, depends on your interests.

Waterford - did a DIY walking tour of some of the major sites, Waterford factory tour, Bishop's Palace.   Small, easy to walk city.

Belfast - best day of entire trip.    6 of us taxied to Titanic Museum and were 1st ones in.   At 10:45 we were picked up by City and Causeway tours for a day trip out to Antrim Coast and Giants Causeway.   Incredible.

Sorry, I really don't have more time to provide more info than this as I have a lot to do to get ready for our trip.

Enjoy your cruise - great itinerary.

Thanks a million. Have a great cruise in October. Violet

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

That was my post. We were on the Nautica which ended in Singapore in February.   There is no shuttle. When you get off the ship you go through immigration/customs. Even if you are getting off for the afternoon to sighted. We got in at 1 pm and disembarked the next day.  Long, long lines both days. There was a handicapped line on the extreme left. If you totally disembark there is a second line to go through where baggage is scanned. Do not bring any opened alcohol. Hefty fine. They were ok with my bottle of South African Amarula because  it was unopened and they could tell it was bought in S.A.  They want to see the actual bottle.

Once through all the lines you wind up in a main hall. That's where we met our guide the first day.   There are both human moneychangers and arms right  there.

If you need a cab to your hotel towards the right, past the shops, behind the McDonald's there are 2 taxi lines.  One was a general line. The other was a flat 50 Singapore money taxi that was larger. You give your name and destination to the man in front and he calls your  name for your cab. Didn't take long. Maybe 10 min.

Let me know what else you need to know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeanine said:

Our cruise begins in Singapore ends inHong Kong. We are arriving in Sin 2 days before cruise, staying in city center. What are some

highlights we should not miss

Jeanine.there is soooo much. Send me your email address. 

marjim48@gmail.com 

44 minutes ago, jeanine said:

Our cruise begins in Singapore ends inHong Kong. We are arriving in Sin 2 days before cruise, staying in city center. What are some

highlights we should not miss

post in the main forum  start a new thread   not on the Shuttles list

also check the Ports of call forum on CC

10 hours ago, newhopecruiser said:

Does Oceania provide a shuttle from the port in Mallorca to the city center?

from the list in post #451

Palma de Mallorca........ Free shuttle to town (cathedral)

Hopefully still  correct

OK,  we are on Vibrant Mediterranean next June on Sirena . There are several ports not on the shuttle or not needed list. I'm wondering if they are new ports for Oceania? They are Taormina, Portoferraio(Elba), & Alcudia(Majorca). 

Has anyone got any information if shuttles or needed?

Marcia

I didn't look, but Taormina may be on the latest shuttle list under Giardini Naxos or something like that.  I don't think there's a port at Taormina itself, but I could be wrong.  Do you know if you are you anchoring/tendering or docking there?  Is there another city mentioned along with Taormina?  It has been quite a while since we visited Taormina but when we did (on Oceania), we docked in Giardini Naxos, which is very close to Taormina.  I remember taking a short public bus ride down the coast to Taormina, but it's possible a shuttle was offered.