Oceania's Free Shuttles List

We were just in San Sebastian de la Gomera.....shuttle not needed. It's a 5 minute walk go the town. The CURRENTS  says taxis are available at the pier....dont remember  seeing any. Pretty little town. Will check my other CURRENTS for other islands. This was the only one we didn't take a private tour.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:01 AM, rallydave said:

Doubt it.  We were in the Canaries a little over a year ago and every docking location was walking distance to town.

As per Currents November  2019 .....guests may use the complementary shuttle buses to reach the terminal.....shuttle buses will run continuously with last shuttle returning to ship at 10:30 pm

Just now, Mrs f. said:

As per Currents November  2019 .....guests may use the complementary shuttle buses to reach the terminal.....shuttle buses will run continuously with last shuttle returning to ship at 10:30 pm.......SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE

24 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

That is only to the terminal building as you posted.  Assuming I've got my ports correctly the terminal building is less than 1/2 the way to the beginning of the town and only about a 5 minute walk from where we were docked so really no difference from no shuttle to town.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from 2 cruises on Regatta in Australia late December to late August.  Not sure if anyone has reported on these, but this is what we had for our cruises: 

Adelaide Aus - tram right at port that goes to center city ticket kiosk; no shuttle

Akaroa, NZ tendered to center of town

Albany, Aus - shuttle to town center

Burnie, Taz, Aus - mandatory shuttle to Maker's Workshop in town; meet guides/taxis there.  Same shuttle goes to shopping area and museum area

Geraldton, Aus - shuttle

Melbourne tram 109 is 5-10 minute walk from port, buy ticket at convenience store next to it, no shuttle

Napier - shuttle to iSITE info center in town on Marine Parade

Perth/Fremantle - don't think was shuttle, but not sure, as we walked to nearby ferry dock.  Train station very close to dock.

Phillip Island Aus-long tender ride in, then shuttle to beach/boardwalk area.  Limited car hire, taxis, etc. day we were there

Picton Aus - shuttle to iSITE tourist info center city takes 5 minutes but can walk easily in 10-15 if follow blue line on sidewalk 

Sydney - turnaround day, no shuttle or ferry available at White Bay.  Taxis into town available. 

Tauranga/Rotorua NZ- disembarked here (early); not sure if shuttle offered

Wellington NZ - shuttle to several places center city

In general, shuttles ran fairly frequently, leaving soon after we were cleared by the authorities, and the last one was about an hour before the ship's departure time, which was generally a half hour after "back on board" time. 

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
  • 1 month later...

Just an update from my recent experience in South America. 

I did not see an Oceania shuttle in Rio. 

There was a shuttle in Rio Grande do Sol that took you into town and back. 

There was also a shuttle in Buenos Aires that took you to/from the Plaza Hotel. 

• 6 months later...

I know nobody's cruising now, but I'm dreaming of next fall.  Anybody know of shuttle availability in these Greek ports:

Militini (Lesbos), Rhodes, Patmos, Mykonos, Agios Nikolaos (Crete)? 

Or these Turkish ports: Istanbul, Kusadasi (for Ephesus), Alanya, Antalya?

Paphos, Cyprus?

I know the Piraeus (for Athens) situation!  

Thanks.

Edited by roothy123

No shuttles neede in Rhodes,Patmos or Mykonos as you dock downtown.There was a shuttle in Crete Ephesus is quite a drive from Kusadasi and best done on a ship’s or private tour. In Alanya there are taxis which take you up the hill to the fort The price is per taxi so share. I don’t remember if there was a shuttle in Paphos as we took a tour.

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 4:43 PM, roothy123 said:

I know nobody's cruising now, but I'm dreaming of next fall.  Anybody know of shuttle availability in these Greek ports:

Militini (Lesbos), Rhodes, Patmos, Mykonos, Agios Nikolaos (Crete)? 

Or these Turkish ports: Istanbul, Kusadasi (for Ephesus), Alanya, Antalya?

Paphos, Cyprus?

I know the Piraeus (for Athens) situation!  

Thanks.

Our cruise in these areas were a few years ago, on an O-class ship, but:

Mitilini - This was a tender port to near the town centre.

Agios Nikolaos - You don't need a shuttle if it docks right near the town centre.

Kusadasi - No shuttle provided.  You are docked pretty much in the town centre, but of course the main historical attractions (i.e., Ephesus) are about a half-hour's drive away.  We booked a private tour for this port.  Hoped to avoid the sales visits (specifically asked not to have these in the request) but ended up going to a leatherware and a carpet shop anyway on the way back - I was irritated but it wasn't so bad.