To Kilt or not to Kilt? That is the Dress Code Question.

We're to become first time Princess Cruisers on a 27 day Baltic/TransAtlantic cruise next fall.

On one longer HAL cruise Bob brought along his kilt for formal nights and while the only one in a kilt on that cruise, he was not out of place among the tux and dress suit crowd. Mind you it cost in over weight sur charges but was a fun splurge as he no longer has many opportunities to wear it when at home.

As I read things, Princess is a bit less formal than HAL or Celebrity, but more so than NCL, our other cruise experiences. Correct?

Would my peacock look out of place on a Princess formal night? I assume he'd have about 6 opportunities to wear it on a 27 day cruise.

We're steerage passengers but do enjoy formal nights.

And unless I missed something on the Princess site, I do not see prices for Specialty Restaurants.

I'll try to make good use of the search tool for the many questions I'll have.

Thanks Prince and Princesses,

Ruth

OOOH OOOHH KILT! KILT! There's nothing better than a guy in a kilt as far as I'm concerned. It's a wonderful formal look and will definitely get attention. <<disclaimer - this post was by the "sue" portion of the RickSue duo LOL>>

I say wear the kilt ! Two years ago on a Caribbean cruise there was a wedding party where the groom and all the groomsmen wore kilts. They looked wonderful . While they had professional pictures taken in the piazza, I snapped pictures of them too !

Sali

Sometimes I see several kilts, other times I don't see any. Though - I can't see him looking out of place by any means.

Regardless - your husband will get a lot of attention and I think guys look great in them! Bring it on!

Figured my lead would get a rise out of the Princess experts. And ONT-CA, I enjoyed your witty retort.

Thanks SoxFan and Carbill for specialty restaurant prices.

And yes Shogun, he has the full outfit purchased from Scotland thru' local dealer, for two daughters' weddings almost a decade ago. His family has been in the Great White North for several generations, but remains proud of their Heritage. My role is to wear black as a neutral background for my peacock.

And SJGOCH, we'll risk the glass elevators -- seniors need their undies.

Ruth

i always wear my Kilts on formal night with the Charlie Coat ,military medals and sporan-I am Irish County Wexford and Scotish Macfarline[buccanan family]

And when the ladies ask me what, may we ask, is under the Kilt=I PROUDLEY RESPOND THE FUTURE OF SCOTLAND!!:p

Archived