Has your Magic Bullet ever been confiscated?

nyytflyyr

I have taken mine on over 10 cruises on Carnival so far but with the new increased efforts to stop smuggling booze I am wondering if they are going after blenders also. My DW likes to make smoothies and I need the blender to mix my BV rum with drink mixers. I have always put it in my checked bag with no effort to disguise it, but times are a changing on Carnival so has anyone lost their blender yet? Also has anyone had their drink mixers taken?

• 4 weeks later...

Original poster here:

I put the Magic Bullet in our large checked bag at home and it made it to the room with no problems. We were on the Dream 9-10-2011 sailing. I packed the blender with the cord wrapped tightly around the base and then put a double layer of bubble wrap around it, for the cup and blade part I just wrapped the blades with foil as they are very sharp and screwed it together. I placed the heavy base in the bottom part of the suitcase and put the cup part in the other end. No issues at all. At port Canaveral I had a 48oz. plastic bottle of Pina Colada mix in my carry on and at the scanner they saw it and opened the bag to examine it, I was told "no problem it's not booze" and let go thru. I also brought three 6 packs of 24oz. Mt. Dew on board, they did examine them and said "have a nice trip".

So all went well with no issues although I did run out of Colada mix with a 1/2 bottle left of BV purchased rum so we made Lemonade/Rum coctails and they are very good. Had a great cruise on a great ship with no problems.

LOL! I thought to OP was talking about a different type of "magic bullet" and Becca, your response was priceless and fit well with what I was thinking. ;)

Wow, I'm so slow today. I knew what the OP was talking about and didn't even think twice about what others might think it was, LOL!!! I re-read my post with my mind in the gutter and got a good chuckle. Thanks!:D

The Magic Bullet is an entirely new concept in labor-saving devices. Unlike bulky blenders and unwieldy food processors that most of us only pull out of storage for specific recipes and special occasions, the Magic Bullet is so handy, so versatile and easy to use that you'll put it to work EVERY single day (probably several times a day). Best of all, it saves you time because it does almost any job in the kitchen in 10 seconds or less!

from

http://www.buythebullet.com/howitworks.php

• 2 weeks later...

looking for some help please,

My wife and three guests live off superfood shakes in the morning and midday. Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring the magic bullet and superfood ingredients? If so how should we pack those items?

btw magic bullet is a small portable blender.

Super foods are like goji berries, acai powder, maca powder, hemp powder, cacao nibs, chia powder etc

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Chris

looking for some help please,

My wife and three guests live off superfood shakes in the morning and midday. Does anyone know if we are allowed to bring the magic bullet and superfood ingredients? If so how should we pack those items?

btw magic bullet is a small portable blender.

Super foods are like goji berries, acai powder, maca powder, hemp powder, cacao nibs, chia powder etc

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Chris

You may get extra scrutiny from the US Customs Beagles when you return. ;)

Archived