Laundry on Princess Ships

I keyed 'laundry' into the search thread and came up blank, which can't be the case given we all accumulate clothes in need of washing on any cruise.

I realize most Princess ships have washing machines, but, is there any service equivalent to the laundry by the bag as on HAL? If so, how much is it? Laundry by the piece is a bit expensive for our budget, but we've always used HAL's bag service, even on shorter cruises.

Thanks in advance Princess experts.

Ruth

Lew, three times I keyed in Laundry or Washing in the search engine and came up blank, but after everyone's generous replies I tried again and sure enough I got the list of related threads. I knew they were there, somewhere.

Paul, I'll watch the Princess Patter for the $20.00 days.

Betterthanworking, I guess I've been spoiled on HAL as the bagged laundry comes back beautifully pressed. You get to choose whether or not you'd like shirts and such folded or on hangers.

Since this is our first Princess Cruise we don't qualify for any benefits either as loyal cruisers or high end ones.

Thanks one and all,

Ruth

Lew, I quickly clicked your generous link and then when I returned after posting thanks, I got the 'No matches' message. Same when putting laundry in search.

Stevesan, I was able to open your price listing, thank you.

The search function must just work intermittently. I'll be back to check and when I can open it I'll read every single comment; though I think I have sufficient expert advice already thanks to this thread.

Ruth

on our last 12 day cruise on emerald p .princess held 3 days of $20 for a bag of laundry.

they have launderettes on most decks, the washing machines are free the powders a $1.

things priced from 0.35 upwards

I've never know the self-service washing machines to be free of charge. The last time I used the washer, I think it was about $1.50 ish.

Betterthanworking, I guess I've been spoiled on HAL as the bagged laundry comes back beautifully pressed. You get to choose whether or not you'd like shirts and such folded or on hangers.
Ahh... but on Princess, when you get to Elite status (150 days sailed), you get unlimited, free laundry services. Also, every single Princess ship has self-serve laundries and on most, there's one on every deck with cabins. To me, it's six of one, half a dozen of another as HAL doesn't have self-serve laundries on most of their ships so you have to use the laundry services nor do they have unlimited, free laundry as a loyalty program perk. :)

I've never know the self-service washing machines to be free of charge. The last time I used the washer, I think it was about $1.50 ish.
I know that some ships used to have free washers and dryers; not sure if that's the case now.

for years princess charged $1.00 for a washer and $0.50 for the dryer.

then they changed to free on the grand class ships.

if they,ve re-instated charging for this cant see it going down well with the pax.

soz if i got it wrong wasn,t ment

Lew, I quickly clicked your generous link and then when I returned after posting thanks, I got the 'No matches' message. Same when putting laundry in search.

Stevesan, I was able to open your price listing, thank you.

The search function must just work intermittently. I'll be back to check and when I can open it I'll read every single comment; though I think I have sufficient expert advice already thanks to this thread.

Ruth

It ain't mine. I cribbed it from another CC poster. I failed to record the user name. If you're on this thread please let me know so I can give proper attribution. :o

The $20 bag special on our recent cruise to Alaska was great. However, the bags are paper, so you have to be careful trying to stuff too much in them :) We used the machines for our intimates and it was $2.00 for the washer and $2.00 for the dryer. As I've seen so many times on cruisecritic, the change machine was empty, so bring your quarters....

Yes.... I knew I could get the change at the purser's desk. However, everytime I walked by it was busy. Of course, you have to remember to do that too :). I ended up swapping change for dollars with a couple of people who had their clothes in the washer with no change. It saved me time and aggravation with either bumping them or waiting for them to go to the purser's desk....

Archived