Freedom - 8/21 Western - Choice Air question

torbs

Just got off the the FOS today. As you know, air travel up and down the east coast was non existent due to Irene. Has anybody had a flight canceled on the way home that was booked through Choice Air? I know they will get you to the ship on the front end but, just curious if RCI has any pull with the airlines to rebook sooner than the 4/5 days quoted by the airlines after the original flight on the back end. This was the position many were put in as they did not book through RCL with all the flights cancelled today.

As I know it's a crap shoot cruising during "H" season, was wondering how beneficial it may be or, do you have to take a number like everbody else when booking through RCL. Might be worth the extra cash given the risk taken.

We always fly in the day before but don't stay an extra day on the back end. This time, my DW convinced me to do so against my initial objections. The result, got to walk through Sea World in 95 degree heat and 95% humidity...fun!!! The silver lining, we will be flying home as scheduled.

BTW, cruise was awesome! Reversed itinerary and we had smooth sailing until the last day when we followed Irene (8-12 ft swells). I was swimming in a wave pool on Sat!!!

I was also on this cruise....Delta automatically rebooked the flights....I had flight insurance so my hotel and food will be covered.... I also flew first class for this trip so it was actually easier to get a flight out, because first class is hardly ever sold out, I flew out Tuesday....I met another couple who were on our original flight for Sunday and they could not get a flight until Thursday or Friday....I was actually happy that I did not use choice air because the lines at guest services were extremely long...But I assume that if you used choice air they would have rebooked everyone just like Delta and the other airlines....

I forgot to tell you, all I had to do was go on the Delta website put in my booking ID and they informed me of the cancellation and the rebooking..so it was actually pretty easy and painless...

Archived