Loyalty Points Merged for HAL and Princess?

Actually you do get 1 HAL credit for taking a Princess Cruise. They even give you a Mariner Number.

This is partially correct. If you've sailed Princess, HAL will give you a Mariner number, and a complimentary one star status on your first cruise with them. They do not give you a cruise/# of days credit.

Just to clarify, there is only one company. It has shares listing on both LSE and NYSE but the shares are essentially the same. The different share tickers are to spearate out on which market they are listed on but each are shares in Carnival Corporation and plc.

All this means is that, if they wanted, they could raise funds on either market. The Uk listing must be a throwback to the Princess Cruises company that Carnival acquired soem years ago following it's demerger from P & O (not the cruise line, Peninsular and Oriental Steam Packing Co - I think).

Each share pays currently $1.00 paid quartely.

Regards

Gordon

This is partially correct. If you've sailed Princess, HAL will give you a Mariner number, and a complimentary one star status on your first cruise with them. They do not give you a cruise/# of days credit.

Does this translate to anything onboard in the way of perks? We are taking our first HAL cruise next summer, so based on this we should have a Mariner number too. I'm guessing one star status is equivalent to being Gold on Princess, but just curious what is included for a one star if anything.

Does this translate to anything onboard in the way of perks? We are taking our first HAL cruise next summer, so based on this we should have a Mariner number too. I'm guessing one star status is equivalent to being Gold on Princess, but just curious what is included for a one star if anything.
Not really. You MAY be invited to the Mariner's Luncheon, which is held for all returning passengers. It's a lovely brunch, with wine, held in the dining room. Far more civilized than the Princess Captain's Circle cocktail party. I was invited on my first HAL cruise, others have reported they haven't been.

Not really. You MAY be invited to the Mariner's Luncheon, which is held for all returning passengers. It's a lovely brunch, with wine, held in the dining room. Far more civilized than the Princess Captain's Circle cocktail party. I was invited on my first HAL cruise, others have reported they haven't been.

Pam, that does sound nice! And yet I understand HAL's loyalty perks are not quite as good as Princess platinum/elite benfits. Is that correct?

Pam, that does sound nice! And yet I understand HAL's loyalty perks are not quite as good as Princess platinum/elite benfits. Is that correct?
Yes, correct. They improved them a year or so ago but they're still not anywhere near as good as Princess. I'm 3-star Mariner and among the perks I get that I would use is a 25% discount in the Pinnacle Grill, the equivalent to the Crown Grill. The rest of the benefits are about as useful as the Princess TA coupon book. At 200 credits, you become a 4-star Mariner and the benies increase a little. You do get complimentary laundry but it's only for one time, not unlimited. One good thing about HAL's program, though, is that it's based on total days sailed plus you get credits for onboard spending. They don't count the number of cruises so someone taking a bunch of short cruises don't get the benefits faster than someone who takes a couple of long cruises. http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action

My TA discovered I had a Mariner # when she was booking my first HAL cruise. You could probably call HAL. If you get any promo mailings from them, the label probably has the #.

I've never received any mailings from HAL.....however, I just went on their website and found that I do have a mariner # (2 cruises with Princess).....so I registered on their website......does this mean that I will get lower quotes on cruises when I look them up, like I do on Princess when I sign in to look up cruise prices?

I've never received any mailings from HAL.....however, I just went on their website and found that I do have a mariner # (2 cruises with Princess).....so I registered on their website......does this mean that I will get lower quotes on cruises when I look them up, like I do on Princess when I sign in to look up cruise prices?
Yes. But, they also allow discounting so you can likely find a lower price using a discount TA.

It seems like HAL is more expensive than Princess.....for a balcony room.....is that what you find, Pam?
It's hard to tell. I book most of my HAL cruises for itineraries that aren't available on Princess, or the ship is better for the itinerary, so I don't take the time to compare.

HAL cabins have more room in the living/bed area of the cabin, with a small sofa, which is nice, but the storage in the cabins is really bad in my opinion, particularly around the desk. The only HAL ship I've been on with decent storage was the Prinsendam, which had a walk-in closet. On the other ships, I've had shallow wardrobes.

As said, I cruise HAL for the itineraries, and a couple of times when I was able to get an incredible aft balcony cabin... the balcony was huge with no obstruction.

Azamara is owned by Royal, but do include Ocean and Aida to Carnival holdings.

I'm a little confued! (What else is new!:o)

When we sailed Azamara, we got a cruise credit that we used on Celebrity. To me it looks like Azamara is part of RCC.

Am I wrong? (again)

I'm a little confued! (What else is new!:o)

When we sailed Azamara, we got a cruise credit that we used on Celebrity. To me it looks like Azamara is part of RCC.

Am I wrong? (again)

Nope, you're fine. Azamara, RCI and Celebrity all belong to one company

Hal will give you a "one star" if sailed

on Princess or Carnival. Will get a lunch

with wine and a free gift.

Hal counts your days and money spent

to get stars.

Hals rooms are bigger, couch in every room,

no fridges except in balcony and above.

Princess will give you nothing if sailed on

Hal or Carnival. Princess counts your days.

Have fridges in all rooms, no couches except

mimi-suites and above.

Princess has more perks than Hal the higher you go.

I'm a Three Star on Hal and A Platinum on Princess.

I like both cruise lines as you can see.

They both have different things to offer.

I devoutly wish that "loyalty" points transferred. I wouldn't have to wait till November to achieve "Elite". :p

Princess offers real benefits that translate into $.

I reached 100+ days on my most recent HAL cruise. The total benefit consisted of a copper medallion and a picture with the ship's captain.

Since someone asked, I find that HAL fares are higher given similar or identical itineraries and time of year for equivalent categories.

Despite their higher price point I prefer HAL's ships both for size and accomodations.

It's kind of like being gold on Princess: more of a nice thought than any real perks. In addition to the Mariner luncheon mentioned above, you'll get a "Delft" tile as a remembrance of the sailing, and your cruise card will have the one star logo on it. On some ships, the embarkation day lunch in the dining room is restricted to Mariners, so that's a potential perk as well. Haven't run into that situation yet though - in my experience, the lunch has been open to everyone, regardless of past cruises.

to get stars.

mimi-suites and above.

Just to clarify, on Vista and Signature class HAL ships, all rooms have refrigerators.

to get stars.

mimi-suites and above.

...and to clarify further, Princess has couches in R ship balcony cabins

Archived