Which Carnival ship might be comparable to the RCCL Serenade of the Seas?

ramby

We (family of 5, including 3 children) really enjoyed Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas (it was our first mass-market cruise). We are considering giving Carnival a try, as those water slides look great! Which ship would you recommend (don't want one of the huge ones but certainly want one that has been updated, etc.)? Also, does Carnival still allow smoking in cabins? Thanks so much!

Carnival ships are different, different colors, lighting, layout, etc. I wouldn't book a Carnival cruise thinking I was going to see the same or a similar style. But thats one of the nice things about trying a different cruise line, right? Come on and cruise with us, I think you'll like it.:p

Its like saying I enjoyed eating this apple, which orange do you think most tastes like this apple.

Both are fruits. If you want a smaller ship, those suggesting spirit class would be good. Destiny and up have the big screens. Dream, Splendor and Magic and 7 of the 9 Fantasy class ships all have water works.

Sounds like waterworks would be a good fit for you.

Its like saying I enjoyed eating this apple, which orange do you think most tastes like this apple.

Both are fruits. If you want a smaller ship, those suggesting spirit class would be good. Destiny and up have the big screens. Dream, Splendor and Magic and 7 of the 9 Fantasy class ships all have water works.

Sounds like waterworks would be a good fit for you.

Thanks everyone for the helpful feedback! Please spare me some "research" time: What exactly is "water works"??

It be the whole kiddie water park on board....multiple slides, etc......Check their website for some pics, Your kids will get hooked on Camp Carnival and while not an Elite Cruise Line it is totally for the party and not so much snobby......You will enjoy it and kids will not look back at the other..:)

As others have said, there's no direct comparison with the Serenade, but size wise, the closest will be the Spirit class (Legend from Tampa, Pride from Baltimore, Miracle from Ft. Lauderdale and New York, and Spirit from San Diego and Seattle (soon to be repositioned to Australia).

Carnival has a different vibe and much more colorful decor. Have fun!

We (family of 5, including 3 children) really enjoyed Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas (it was our first mass-market cruise). We are considering giving Carnival a try, as those water slides look great! Which ship would you recommend (don't want one of the huge ones but certainly want one that has been updated, etc.)? Also, does Carnival still allow smoking in cabins? Thanks so much!

i've been on serenade also, i'm trying carnival for the first time i do hope the food is better!! that's about the only thing we didn't like on serenade.

Thanks everyone for the helpful feedback! Please spare me some "research" time: What exactly is "water works"??

All Carnival ships have slides, but they used to go into the main pool. Water works is in a different area, and doesnt go into a pool, just a splash zone.

Im sure Mach or someone has pictures. Any ship in particular?

Carnival has nothing that comes close to the Serenade of the Seas... What a beautiful ship she is... But give Carnival a try... Variety is the spice of life.

We too loved the Serenade....loved the floor to ceiling windows in the dining rm and spa...don't forget the Solarium...:D perfect for cold weather traveling....

We too are looking at trying a Carnival ship for our southern caribbean vacation summer 2012...RCCL doesn't have any ships going there and Carnival has several....

we are looking at the Valor or the Freedom...can't decide between the two.

Angela

Archived