Celebrity Eclipse-Dec 10, 2011

Minnie2u2

I'm an avid/experienced cruiser, and I'm thinking of booking a cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse in December, solo!! Now, I've never sailed alone before and wanted to see if there's anyone in the forum that's been there and done that!! Love to get everyone's feedback.

thanks

:)

I'm an avid/experienced cruiser, and I'm thinking of booking a cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse in December, solo!! Now, I've never sailed alone before and wanted to see if there's anyone in the forum that's been there and done that!! Love to get everyone's feedback.

thanks

Welcome to cruise critic, there are many on this forum who travel alone and I'm sure will help out. I would also refer you to this link which is to the roll call for the particular cruise you are looking at. You might want to post on there also and see if anyone is traveling alone and can offer advice.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1326260

• 2 months later...

Have done 12 cruises with 4 of those solo, I believe you'll enjoy the adventure. I've always made friends on my solo cruises and generally had folks to do shore excursions with and party with of an evening. Always depends on how much of yourself you're willing to put out there to meet folks. Can't be too shy. You'll love Eclipse. I'm sailing her the second time Dec. 10. and will be joined by 5 friends to celebrate my 70th BD. It is a beautiful ship and the staff is top notch. I encourage you to sign up for the roll call connections party and you'll meet lots of folks from the get-go. Also, keep participating on these forums prior to sale date.

Best wishes, Bob Jones, Fort Myers, Florida.:)

thanks

Hi Minnie,

We are on the Dec. 10 sailing. Some interesting folks on the RC! Were you considering AQ. I know others have commented this is not the best dining arrangement for a solo diner wanting to make new friends. Otherwise, I think there are plenty of opportunities to meet folks. Hope you join us.:o

Hi Minnie,

We are on the Dec. 10 sailing. Some interesting folks on the RC! Were you considering AQ. I know others have commented this is not the best dining arrangement for a solo diner wanting to make new friends. Otherwise, I think there are plenty of opportunities to meet folks. Hope you join us.:o

I'm sailing solo on this cruise, and Librarylady is correct about solo dining in Blu.

I was in Aqua class on Solstice last year and didn't really enjoy my Blu experience. The food was okay but I was put at a two seat table, which were ALL about 6 inches apart. I only ate there for three nights then did other things for dinner.

One evening was fine as a great elderly couple from New Orleans sat next to me and we chatted the whole time. The next evening was a young couple (maybe newlyweds) who didn't say a word to me after hello....which I understand, but still not the most pleasant dining experience. The third night I went at an earlier time and nobody was seated at the tables next to me.

I booked CC this trip, solely because I wanted to choose a large table in the MDR at late seating.

SO, my opinion is, IF you want Aqua class but would prefer to meet people and talk, select traditional dining. If you don't want to talk or meet anyone, then try Blu.

See you in a few weeks maybe?????

Archived