Destiny or Imagination?

Jkcyoung

Can't decide between these 2 ships. Similar in price, exact same itinerary. It will be me DH and DS's(3,6,7). We were all set to book Destiny, because we would love to spend a day at Fort Lauderdale beach. We sailed Fantasy in June and my boys LOVED the waterworks area so I am second guessing that they will really miss it. What do you think?

If we did Imagination, what is thereto do in the Tampa area?

Can't decide between these 2 ships. Similar in price, exact same itinerary. It will be me DH and DS's(3,6,7). We were all set to book Destiny, because we would love to spend a day at Fort Lauderdale beach. We sailed Fantasy in June and my boys LOVED the waterworks area so I am second guessing that they will really miss it. What do you think?

If we did Imagination, what is thereto do in the Tampa area?

I think they both sail out of Miami.

I meant Inspiration out of Tampa vs Destiny out of Miami(we would fly into FLL)

I'll try to figure out how to edit my post!:)

we sailed Destiny last November and it was fine. Big boat, hard to get around but had a great trip with 3 kids: 1.5, 3 and 9. This year we booked the Inspiration out of Tampa and flying into FLL a few days ahead of time in November again. I personally hear great things about the Insp. and with young kids I think it will be a better boat because of the Water Works area that seems like lots of fun for little ones of all ages. Destiny only has the 1 big slide.

And, you won't be able to do Inspiration next year unless you sail out of California....

I just got back from the Destiny on 8/27. I picked this cruise because it has balconies and for the ports. The hurricane changed our plans but I love our balcony. I really like the Waterworks on the Inspiration. I would sit up there and there was always a nice breeze. It seemed to hot in the adult area with no breeze. Destiny is larger but I found it easy to get around in. It seems most Carnival ships are set up the same way. If you have kids then do the Inspiration just for the water works area. They will have a blast.

Archived