Costa All inclusive drinks package

Mae1978

• 3 months later...
I just booked to go on Costa atlantica for sept 13th eastern med :-)

I booked through Costa uk and the agent offered me an 'all inclusive extra package' She verly kindly emailed me the list which I'll be happy to email to anyone that wants it. It costs approx £120 per day.

Yes please Babygoo-- i have just sent you a friend request.

I was on the Costa Favolosa from July 23 to 30 and while we were onboard they suddenly introduced certain restrictions to their All Inclusive beverage packages. I do not know whether the changes are going to be implemented on all ships in the Costa fleet, but I just wanted to let you know what we experienced.

On the last day of our cruise, if we asked for soft drinks or water, it was served by the glass only which meant that you could not ask for e.g. a bottle of water to take ashore. Furthermore, they started to strictly reinforce the "One Card, one drink" principle which meant that if you wanted to order two drinks at the bar, you needed to bring two cards entitled to the all inclusive services (which, in a way, is reasonable, I think).

Furthermore, compared to the drinks included in the beverage package on e.g. MSC ships, Costa's All Inclusive bar list is more limited. You also need to work your way around getting e.g. a gin and tonic since such a mixed drink is not part of the package even though both a gin on the rocks and a tonic ordered separately are included:confused:

In the main dining room, there was never any problem getting the white wine served with the meal (but there was one white wine only unless you wanted to pay extra). Getting the red whine was slightly more complicated unless you specifically asked for it at the beginning of the meal.

I'm not saying that we do not think we got our value for the money we'd spent on our beverage package, but you need to be aware that you might get to work a little harder to fully benefit from it. However, the bartenders and other bar personnel on the Costa Favolosa did their utmost to deliver the best service possible and they were actually the most pleasant, positive, outgoing and service-minded members of the crew we met onboard.

On our Atlantica cruise in April we got everything in the glass, only. Never got a bottle. Another Costa experienced couple told us that on their cruise before they got wine bottles and water bottles on the table at dinner. But after people took the wine bottles with them, Costa changed this.

sounds like people are abusing the policy. reminds me of when only one person in a cabin had to buy the X1, but then started getting drinks for other people. a few bad apples spoil the whole basket. :mad:

if i were told i could not order a basic mixed drink like a gin/tonic, i would certainly be asking to speak with a manager.

sounds like people are abusing the policy. reminds me of when only one person in a cabin had to buy the X1, but then started getting drinks for other people. a few bad apples spoil the whole basket. :mad:

if i were told i could not order a basic mixed drink like a gin/tonic, i would certainly be asking to speak with a manager.[/quote

I'm sure it is to avoid the above-mentioned abuse of the system, that all people sharing a cabin or wanting to be seated together for dinner need to buy the Ai package if only one person decides to do so. By the way: we did manager to get our gin & tonic without calling the manager but according to the bar menu it was not included.

We always buy our water ashore. I don't see the point of taking it from the ship - it gets warm very quickly.

There's always free water (and ice) available so why not just refill your bottle if you don't mind drinking it warm?

We always buy our water ashore. I don't see the point of taking it from the ship - it gets warm very quickly.

There's always free water (and ice) available so why not just refill your bottle if you don't mind drinking it warm?

You're actually not allowed to refill your bottle from the water stations - for hygienic reasons.

Archived