Formal Nights on the Allure

scohan

Just looking to see if most men are still wearing suits on formal night or just nice slacks with a dress shirt.

On our sailing two weeks ago, most men were wearing suits on formal night. Of course, there were some men wearing just dress shirt/tie with slacks, and there were a few dressed even more casually than that, but for the most part, a large majority wore suits.

We considered not bring a suit for my husband, and I specifically remember that once we were onboard and saw that most men were in suits I was happy that we did not go the less formal route of slacks and dress shirt.

This is one of those questions that could be answered with a quick search of the forum. The fact is, you can pretty much wear whatever you want. Personally, I go formal, many people don't. I've seen waiters tell guests to come to dinner in whatever you've got, they work for tips after all, and those guests showed up for formal dinner in slacks and a polo shirt. So, it's pretty much up to what you want to do.

Archived