Toiletries on 3 day trips.

LexGee66

Quick question I'm hoping someone can help me with. A friend at work is booked for a 3 day cruise to no-where with her husband and daughters. It is on Pacific Sun. Do the little baskets of free toiletries (soap, shampoo etc) still get provided on the little trips. Only a small thing, but why pack it if it is provided for free and it is only a 3 day trip after all. I've never travelled with this line or for such a short trip so can't give her accurate info. All help aprreciated.:)

Don't count on anything being in the baskets. They only provide what the manufacturers give them to "push". It's part of their marketing plan. Take small amounts of what you like. Last time I got Pepcid, individual toothpaste samples (in a foil wrapper) and a razor. It's always a plus for me, but I never count on them.

I don't know a thing about P & O but I know that HAL provides shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, moisurizer and handsoap for every cruise. They have recently installed large container dispensers in showers and tubs and they are always filled and refilled as needed.

Prior to these new dispensers, HAL always provided the same Elemis products in small travel size containers of shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and moisturizer for every cabin, every cruise no matter the number of days.

I don't know a thing about P & O but I know that HAL provides shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, moisurizer and handsoap for every cruise. They have recently installed large container dispensers in showers and tubs and they are always filled and refilled as needed.

Prior to these new dispensers, HAL always provided the same Elemis products in small travel size containers of shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and moisturizer for every cabin, every cruise no matter the number of days.

Carnival also has the shampoo, bath gel and cake soap provided. I'm just not fond of any of them and they don't provide conditioner at all. I just take my own stuff.

They provide very cheap products. Since my hair is color-treated :eek:, I bring the travel size containers with my own. They are the perfect size for a short cruise. Even if you don't have color-treated hair, they aren't very good and the travel-size containers take up very little room. Stick them in a shoe.

Elemis products are not cheap. ;)

Go to their site and judge for yourself.

You may personally not like them but that is preference.

I can't say if Carnival products are 'cheap' as we only sailed them once (sort of - long story) and that was years ago.

They provide very cheap products. Since my hair is color-treated , I bring the travel size containers with my own. They are the perfect size for a short cruise. Even if you don't have color-treated hair, they aren't very good and the travel-size containers take up very little room. Stick them in a shoe.

I can't say if Carnival products are 'cheap' as we only sailed them once (sort of - long story) and that was years ago.

I'm not sure who you mean by 'they'.

They provide very cheap products. Since my hair is color-treated , I bring the travel size containers with my own. They are the perfect size for a short cruise. Even if you don't have color-treated hair, they aren't very good and the travel-size containers take up very little room. Stick them in a shoe.

I'm not sure who you mean by 'they'.

• 2 weeks later...

We are first time cruisers but old hat when it comes to regular vacations. We have always prestocked our carry on bag so we have everything we will need already packed with the exception of our medicines and maybe some aftershave for DH. We have found this not only saves time packing but we always have everything we need and don't forget things. That way all I have to do is pack the clothing we will need for any given area. Works good for us!

I am not familiar with P & O -- but if they do provide baskets of toiletries -- on a short 3 day cruise there is always the possibility that they may not be provided.

Travel size of anything is easy to pack.

We are not fans of HAL's Elemis products. Since we take long cruises I do have to pack regular sizes of everything.

Not sure about your ship, but ask your TA or call the cruise line itself. I'd still my some of my own just in case though.

On a side note....Princess has some of the best smelling ones of all! JMO

Maxine

We're all so different! On the princess ships we've been on all they provided was horrid smelling eucalyptus stuff.

We always take our own toiletries, just don't care for surprises or mysteries. I like what I use at home and other than moisturizer (different seasons) I never vary my routine. I'm not fond of fragrance and most freebies are drug store, heavily scented stuff.

Archived