Oasis Solarium

Chellard

Tell me about the Solarium... how many pools, whirlpools, etc? Is there smoking accessability there (please no flames) and how is the weather? Is it always open air?

I have 3 kids but this trip is kid free and I'd like it to be as kid free as possible... read somewhere the Solarium is adult only so of course my mind is on overdrive of excitement. Anything you can share about the Solarium would be great :-)

One very small pool,two infinity hot tubs just outside the solarium,last time we were on Oasis it was age 16 but the way they are changing rules you never know it seems that people with kids get whatever they want.No smoking in the solarium, thank goodness.

Hi. I was just there last week. No kids. My two teenage girls were with me but they were dozing/reading most of the time. When they got chatty, I asked them to lower their voices.

I loved it there. A lot of it is under a glass roof and has glass walls but we sat in front of an open window and got a nice breeze-otherwise it can be hot. There are regular lounge chairs and a lot of chairs/couches with cloth cushions which are pretty to look at but kind of gross considering the sweat/sunscreen factor. The Bistro has great food and was generally a little less chaotic than the Windjammer.

Pool was teeny. I didn't go in any of the pools. Not appealing to me to just sit in wall-to-wall people. We used a hot tub one night. The Solarium is empty at night.

Can be a bit warm bc there's a lot of glass enclosure. This was fine with me but DH didn't like it. The pool is quite small given how big the area is. I used hot tubs a lot and there was usually space. It was really difficult to find chairs over the Feb. school break. The cafe in there was really nice and we loved to eat breakfast there. It was never crowded and really nice environment and food.

The solarium on Oasis has 1 small pool and 2 hot tubs inside the solarium and 1 cantalevered hot tub on each side just outside the solarium entrances. One hot tub is always open.

Also, it is not exactly open air. There is a glass roof but it is has layers with open space between so there is some air flow in there. We use the hot tub every night around 10 or 11pm and we are usually the only ones in there.

it seems that people with kids get whatever they want.

I see that you are quite anti kid. Thats ok but let it be known that the infinity hot tubs are clearly outside of the solarium on the Oasis. There is no question about it. If they intended for them to be part of the solarium they would have put the doors entering the solarium in front of them. As someone with kids i thought it was nice that they were outside of the solarium. That way we could still keep tabs on them. I hardly ever did see kids in them. They would rather not hang out with the "old" people. Maybe you should try a celebrity cruise.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the info, I didn't mean to cause an argument. As I said, I have three boys, 10 and under, so this cruise is a means of relaxing for me... a vacation away from my kids (who need a vacation from me too). I could have chosen another venue but I much prefer cruising.

Seems the Solarium would be nice, but since I'm travelling amongst a group of Cuban-Americans, we might be all too loud for the quietude required within - albeit kidless. I'll probably try it out anyway *lol*...

Thanks!

The Solarium is empty at night.

Very true, We got tired of being chased around by RC Maintenance guys for our evening hot tub soak. At least if they kick us out of one Solarium tub, there is another a few feet away.

I see that you are quite anti kid. Thats ok but let it be known that the infinity hot tubs are clearly outside of the solarium on the Oasis. There is no question about it. If they intended for them to be part of the solarium they would have put the doors entering the solarium in front of them. As someone with kids i thought it was nice that they were outside of the solarium. That way we could still keep tabs on them. I hardly ever did see kids in them. They would rather not hang out with the "old" people. Maybe you should try a celebrity cruise.

Far from it.We have 4 grandchildren and six great grandchildren that we like to cruise with.To explain I was feeling sarcastic about RCI allowing children in the concierge lounge at cocktail hour, wishing they would allow adults just 3 hours a day in a lounge for adults.Did not intend to bring that hot topic to this thread.We cruise Celebrity a lot with some of our grandchildren and do enjoy it.

The Solarium is visually beautiful! My only gripe was not enough shady spots! It is 95% sunny and if you are wanting sun you will never have a problem finding a seat. The few spots in the shade filled up quickly. I feel this was a bit of a design flaw and RC should at least add some umbrellas to this location as they have done in the main pool area.

We have loved the Solarium area on all the ships and spent all of our pool time there however we found the Solarium on the Oasis to be unbearably hot due to the design. So much so that we had to find other places on the ship to lay.

. If they intended for them to be part of the solarium they would have put the doors entering the solarium in front of them. As someone with kids i thought it was nice that they were outside of the solarium. That way we could still keep tabs on them. I hardly ever did see kids in them. They would rather not hang out with the "old" people. Maybe you should try a celebrity cruise.

On Allure were signs outside of these hot tubs that said ADULT ONLY, even though they are just outside the official solarium.

The Solarium is visually beautiful! My only gripe was not enough shady spots! It is 95% sunny and if you are wanting sun you will never have a problem finding a seat. The few spots in the shade filled up quickly. I feel this was a bit of a design flaw and RC should at least add some umbrellas to this location as they have done in the main pool area.

The Solarium is one area I like better on the Freedom class, still had a great time on Allure.

Far from it.We have 4 grandchildren and six great grandchildren that we like to cruise with.To explain I was feeling sarcastic about RCI allowing children in the concierge lounge at cocktail hour, wishing they would allow adults just 3 hours a day in a lounge for adults.Did not intend to bring that hot topic to this thread.We cruise Celebrity a lot with some of our grandchildren and do enjoy it.

Ok. Sorry the sarcasm went right over my head. :)

On Allure were signs outside of these hot tubs that said ADULT ONLY, even though they are just outside the official solarium.

Really! I looked hard on Oasis to make sure. I wonder why they would have different rules.

Glad to hear that, the kid free cantilevered whirlpols were one of my favorite parts of FOS. I was getting a little scared that they may have ruined it on the Oasis Class.

• 1 month later...

Archived