Ft. Lauderdale restaurants web pages

hew2nd

Interested in something casual with music for a Saturday night. Staying near cruise port and not too worried about proximity. Interested in LuLu's based on some ports here. Any other recommendations?

For live music:

Cafe Del Mar on Fort Lauderdale Beach. There is usually a Flamenco guitarist with nightly performances. All ages.

Tarpon Bend in Himmarshee Village (Downtown on SW 2nd St). I am not sure what time the band starts, but it is usually late night through 4:00 am on some weeknights and on the weekends. The music is generally alternative rock cover bands. 20s - 30s crowd.

Blue Jean Blues in North Beach (33rd Street, off A1A). Live jazz or blues band nightly. 30s+ crowd. Great pizza!

Lauderdale by the Sea (Anglin's Square). There is a live band every Friday and Saturday night. Lots of restaurants and bars in the area. Music ranges from classic rock/80s/contemporary. All ages.

For live music:

Cafe Del Mar on Fort Lauderdale Beach. There is usually a Flamenco guitarist with nightly performances. All ages.

Tarpon Bend in Himmarshee Village (Downtown on SW 2nd St). I am not sure what time the band starts, but it is usually late night through 4:00 am on some weeknights and on the weekends. The music is generally alternative rock cover bands. 20s

• 2 months later...
I will be staying at Hyatt on 17th Street. My two grandchildren ages 1 and 3 will be with me. Any recommendations for child friendly restaurant we can walk?

There is an Outback Steakhouse one building away from the Hyatt. We walked thru the parking lot of the building between to Outback. A minute or two and your there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Go Bucks!

I did the whole quote and copy and paste thing and then my iPad ate it. We're staying at the Hilton Marina. Do you happen to know how far that is? Can my friend from high school when dinosaurs roamed the earth push me in a wheelchair?

Thanks,

Sheila

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey Go Bucks!

I did the whole quote and copy and paste thing and then my iPad ate it. We're staying at the Hilton Marina. Do you happen to know how far that is? Can my friend from high school when dinosaurs roamed the earth push me in a wheelchair?

Thanks,

Sheila

Just saw this, sorry. You might be able to get a wheelchair into the entrance and sit near there or on the patio outside, but most of the interior looked like the seating was quite tight.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
IMO, Chuck's and Old FL Seafood House are really boring and old-fashioned...The food is ok, but I wouldn't waste vacation time eating there unless that is what you are looking for specifically... The rest of the list is filled with good choices.

Chucks on 17th street is closed!

Old Florida Seafood House is closed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Staying at Crown Plaza Airport, but would love to have lunch at a restaurant on the beach, as we have had a very, very long cold winter, and would love to enjoy a nice view of the beach while we eat. Any ideas for us, and best way to get there? We know nothing about FLL.

We are checking into the Courtyard ft Lauderdale beach on Friday and was planning on eating at Coconuts... is there a reason it is no longer your favorite?

This question wasn't addressed to me but we were there last week and had a wonderful lunch (as always). If you go, make sure you try the scoobies - an appetizer of blue crab claws in a garlic, olive oil, red pepper, and scallions sauce served with bread. It's a wonderful way to start the meal!

• Like 1

This question wasn't addressed to me but we were there last week and had a wonderful lunch (as always). If you go, make sure you try the scoobies - an appetizer of blue crab claws in a garlic, olive oil, red pepper, and scallions sauce served with bread. It's a wonderful way to start the meal!

Thanks. Looking forward to it!

Looking for a recommendation on the Boardwalk between say Sheridan and Hollywood?

Looks like lots of "non chain" places with an outside deck and view of the water. Lunch and/or dinner.

Don't need fancy. Good sea food, good burgers, cold beer, and will have kids with us.

Google maps shows Nicks, Margaritaville, Riptide, Ocean's 13, Hollywood Brewing, GG's Waterfront, etc etc etc

(for comparison Fishlips/Rustys were exactly the type of place, albeit Port Canaveral options)

Not on the Broadwalk itself, but across A1A, along the Intracoastal Waterway:

Giorgio's Bakery (great for breakfast and lunch)

Le Tub (burgers)

Capone's Flicker Light (Pizza)

On the Broadwalk:

Nick's (burgers, seafood)

Sugar Reef (seafood)

Ocean Alley (good breakfast)

• Like 1

Not on the Broadwalk itself, but across A1A, along the Intracoastal Waterway:

Giorgio's Bakery (great for breakfast and lunch)

Le Tub (burgers)

Capone's Flicker Light (Pizza)

On the Broadwalk:

Nick's (burgers, seafood)

Sugar Reef (seafood)

Ocean Alley (good breakfast)

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...