Ft. Lauderdale restaurants web pages

hew2nd

One restaurant that my husband and I keep talking about is Shooters on the Waterfront.  We took a water taxi and went for their brunch - outstanding.  We want to go there again when we cruise next February.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 8:35 AM, aml3679 said:

One restaurant that my husband and I keep talking about is Shooters on the Waterfront.  We took a water taxi and went for their brunch - outstanding.  We want to go there again when we cruise next February.

We love Shooters in the winter!  It's amazing sitting outside at the fire pit or at the outside bar and watching the boats go by.  So pretty.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, CM1984 said:

Suggestions?  Our flight arrives in Fort Lauderdale, 11/16 at 9:30am, taking taxi to PE, suggestions for a stop for good breakfast/brunch?  We are leaving home at 3:00am, so will be hungry!  TIA

The Floridian on Las Olas but you may eat so much you won't be hungry the first day or two of your cruise! (http://thefloridiandiner.com/)

Lester's Diner on State Road 84 closer to the airport.  (http://thefloridiandiner.com/)

Edited by capriccio

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Will be staying at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel in March.  Wife is vegetarian, I am not.  Can anyone recommend something nearby (walk/short uber) that would satisfy both of us?

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Dave.ca said:

Will be staying at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel in March.  Wife is vegetarian, I am not.  Can anyone recommend something nearby (walk/short uber) that would satisfy both of us?

Thanks.

The Boatyard - located more or less next door - has vegan dishes according to its on-line menu.  We've enjoyed fish dishes there.  http://boatyard.restaurant/menus/vegan/

Looking to set up a pre cruise dinner for 2/14/20 any recommendations on a restaurant in the general FLL area that would accommodate a group of 6 to 16 people, willing to do separate checks? In the past we had done a large group at Shooters but they are now saying no reservations for a group more than 6 and no individual checks. I also realize it's Valentines day weekend so restaurants are busy. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I ate at Coconut's last week-----DELICIOUS!!!! :classic_biggrin: definitely recommend it. Had oysters for appetizer and the shrimp

for my main course.....BIG, cooked to perfection----yum!!!!:classic_biggrin:

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2020 at 12:46 PM, buckeyecruisers said:

Looking to set up a pre cruise dinner for 2/14/20 any recommendations on a restaurant in the general FLL area that would accommodate a group of 6 to 16 people, willing to do separate checks? In the past we had done a large group at Shooters but they are now saying no reservations for a group more than 6 and no individual checks. I also realize it's Valentines day weekend so restaurants are busy. 

No nicer restaurants here are going to do a group that large without going through Group Sales.  You could get somewhere like Bokampers.  I know the weekend has passed but any of the better restaurants put the brakes on parties over 12-14pp.  The separate check thing varies.  

Where did you end up?

On 1/27/2020 at 11:01 AM, Lois R said:

I ate at Coconut's last week-----DELICIOUS!!!! :classic_biggrin: definitely recommend it. Had oysters for appetizer and the shrimp

Lois I LOVE Coconuts!  Locals and tourists alike eat there.  Such great food, glad you had a good time.

We like to go the last day of Boat Show and listen to all the boats blow their horns when the show is over at 5PM.

10 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

No nicer restaurants here are going to do a group that large without going through Group Sales.  You could get somewhere like Bokampers.  I know the weekend has passed but any of the better restaurants put the brakes on parties over 12-14pp.  The separate check thing varies.  

Where did you end up?

Lois I LOVE Coconuts!  Locals and tourists alike eat there.  Such great food, glad you had a good time.

We like to go the last day of Boat Show and listen to all the boats blow their horns when the show is over at 5PM.

It is sort of funny, I have been to Ft. Lauderdale more times than I can count over the years and this was my first

time eating there.  I went with a long time friend so that makes the meal/experience even better:classic_biggrin:

• 7 months later...
On 1/27/2020 at 11:01 AM, Lois R said:

Hey Lois!! I just found this post(imagine that) I've been eating at COCONUTS on Seabreeze Blvd for the last 10 years, everybody thinks it's a new restaurant it's really not. 

Last time I was in Lauderdale 11/18 my hotel room across the street at the Courtyard Marriott I could look straight down on COCONUTS parking lot, yep saw all the Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and Bentley's sitting up front. Sweet. 

Food is great, awesome vibe and I love the little bar it's sweet, kinda pricey though 🤔. Yes it's the place to be BUT, best spinach artichoke dip ever but not very much of it. One order just pissed me off, I had to order some more 🙄😊

Great Shrimp they gave me like 5, maybe 6 shrimp?😕 6 shrimp? C'mon 6 shrimp?? Right just pissed me off again. Lunch cocktails and tip at COCONUTS (solo) $150 easily.😲

Drunken Taco on A1A, 3 Mahi Mahi Tacos and 4 monster Bloody Mary's( it was happy hour 2 for 1😁). Best Tacos I've EVER eaten in my life bar anything. Bloody Mary's were AWESOME, $53 with tip nice one. Place stays so packed if you see a seat at the bar you better grab it or you'll be waiting 30 minutes or more for a table with everyone else and that's for lunch. Just an idea. Todd

• 7 months later...

Pre-cruise we always go to a place just north of the port (couple of miles) called Coconuts. As others on this post have noted - really excellent food, Love to sit on their patio and watch the boats go up and down the canal.

We always get something called Scoobies (Not on the Menu) - simple crab claws dish served in a bowl filled with butter and oil. She gets the Coconuts house salad with Papaya house dressing. I get the Smoked Fish Dip which is very quite good. Then we discuss if we can fit in one more thing...

The only problem is - we only get there a couple of times a year - so not really any time to really explore the menu.

Last time we were there - they had just merged with the oyster house that was next door (same building) so that expanded their offerings-at least with oysters and the like.

Just checked their web site and it looks like they survived the COVID quagmire.

429 Seabreeze Blvd.     https://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com

Our next cruise out of Fort Lauderdale is not till December - but really looking forward to going back there - along with - you know - getting on the boat.

• Like 1

Hi, I went to Coconuts the last time I was in Ft. Lauderdale........back in January 2020......seems like EONS ago now.😲  Anyway, I went with a friend who lives in South Florida........food was great, company even better......I definitely recommend it.👍

I am sailing out of there in December too!!😃

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We are staying at the Hyatt Centric Las Olas for three nights pre-cruise in October.  We hope to not have to rent a car.  Any restaurant suggestions within easy walking distance?  Or not-to-be missed places by taking an Uber?

These days we prefer places with low carb options. 

Many thanks & happy cruising!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 3:37 PM, ctbeacher said:

We are staying at the Hyatt Centric Las Olas for three nights pre-cruise in October.  We hope to not have to rent a car.  Any restaurant suggestions within easy walking distance?  Or not-to-be missed places by taking an Uber?

I think you will find plenty of places to eat on Las Olas. Though not low carb, one of our favorite places is Louie Bossi, great Italian food and atmosphere. They also have dry-aged steaks.  You can also Uber easily if you want to go somewhere not within walking distance.  

I would also be curious to know how you like your hotel. Considering it for a future cruise. We usually stay on FL beach but end up taking an Uber to Las Olas 2-3 times. 

On 8/15/2022 at 4:37 PM, ctbeacher said:

Hi, Las Olas has tons of restaurant choices. I can't think of all the names at the moment but you can stroll along the Blvd and see the menus offered. So yes, they are within walking distance of the hotel.

On 8/15/2022 at 4:37 PM, ctbeacher said:

I knew I had seen a website over the years and here it is.......scroll down and you can see a listing of many, many restaurants along Las Olas Blvd.

https://lasolasboulevard.com/fort-lauderdale/directory/restaurants-dining/

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 12:59 PM, Luvmypups said:

I think you will find plenty of places to eat on Las Olas. Though not low carb, one of our favorite places is Louie Bossi, great Italian food and atmosphere. They also have dry-aged steaks.  You can also Uber easily if you want to go somewhere not within walking distance.  

I would also be curious to know how you like your hotel. Considering it for a future cruise. We usually stay on FL beach but end up taking an Uber to Las Olas 2-3 times. 

Thanks to all who replied with advice.  We are looking forward to the visit and we will let you know how we find the Hyatt Centric.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 5:55 PM, Lois R said:

I knew I had seen a website over the years and here it is.......scroll down and you can see a listing of many, many restaurants along Las Olas Blvd.

https://lasolasboulevard.com/fort-lauderdale/directory/restaurants-dining/

Thanks Lois.  The link is very helpful.  I saved it as a bookmark.

Edited by ctbeacher
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 12:46 PM, buckeyecruisers said:

I've previously set up a precruise dinner for about 14 at Coconuts.  It was awesome and they did separate checks.  Dinner was excellent and our request to sit on the outdoor patio with a water view was honored.  It was January so a bit chilly, but they had heaters set up so it was very comfortable.  

My wife used to live in Hollywood and her favorite restaurant is Le Tub.  They mostly have burgers and some seafood items.  It's mostly outdoors right on the intercoastal.  Super kitschy.  I only ate there once in 2008 and I remember it being pretty good.

That same trip we ate brunch at the Bagel Snack in Pompano Beach.  They had the best bagels I have ever eaten.