What is the worst Cruise line that you have sailed on

caribbean sailor

NCL -- no air conditioning in our cabin (which they were totally unapologetic about; couldn't move us and they ended up giving us a tiny 8" fan) on a cruise to Mexico in August. :eek:

Request for dining not honored and maitre d' would not assist us until DH greased his palm on night #2.

Ship had been booked by a very LARGE group, Aloette cosmetics. Many rooms were closed during normal hours and they would sit around the main pool singing their company song for hours.

Food was mediocre.

I will never give NCL any of my vacation dollars again.

The worst for me was the Carnival Liberty. I was excited about the itinerary but the service was certainly lacking. It started when I asked a waiter on the lido deck for a cup of juice during breakfast and he just pointed me in the direction of the fountain. The tv remote didn't work and I was told that that's the way they all are. It was all downhill from there.

Worst ever for me was NCL's Norwegian Sea back when they first went to Freestyle. It was so bad, I swore off NCL forever....and I am not a picky cruiser.

In NCL's defense though, I just tried them again after 10 years and had a great time. Otherwise, all my cruises have been great.

Worst for us was the NCL Spirit, we enjoyed the itinerary, but all the food was tasteless, we actually lost weight :eek:. If it hadn't been for the good food in the ports of New England, it would have really been bad. The people running the activities were rude to passengers who were not participating, and not too friendly in general. Can't really say we didn't enjoy ourselves, we just didn't enjoy the ship itself.

I knew we were in trouble when we first saw our "stateroom." It had bunk beds that couldn't be converted.

Bunk Beds!!!

omg bunk beds!!!! how did you ever survive?

i wish i could go back on a ss norway cruise in their 102 sq ft inside cabins with bunk beds.

MSC Orchestra a few years ago in the Caribbean.

Was onboard as part of a large group (1,600) who had switched from sailing on Carnival normally and MSC was so bad the group organizers were afraid to come out of their cabin only after a few days. :eek:

Bad food, bad service. Asked a question at the tour excursion desk and the 2 women there talked to each other in Italian and then finally said, "no, sorry." How rude.

Many, many removed their automatic gratuities and only tipped cruise staff that were somewhat good.

The worse cruise we have been on is the Disney Wonder. The service was horrible everywhere especially our cabin steward and our dining room waiters. The childrens club was not well run and there were several problems there as well. All our other cruises (RCCL, Princess and Carnival) have been great.

tigercat

We find the various comments interesting. It is always amazing to us the number of cruisers that have only been on one cruise line. To us it would be like only going to McDonalds and thinking its the best restaurant in the world because we have never been to any other restaurant. We have been fortunate to have been on 12 cruise lines (more then 60 different ships) and have never had a bad cruise.

Hank

Carnival - can't remember the name of the ship (or have forced myself to forget). This was in the early 90s, and was our first cruise - Los Angeles to Ensenada. So many idiots on board, most of them drunk, loud, annoying. Too much of a frat party atmosphere, and it wasn't even spring break! Garish decorations, like a low end Las Vegas hotel. The food was so-so, and the service only adequate. We came away with such a poor experience it soured us on cruising for over a decade. At a friend's suggestion we decided to give it another try about 5 years ago, this time on Celebrity. Differences were like night and day! We've recently booked our fourth cruise with them. Now we are getting the cruise experience we were hoping for but didn't get on that first one.

I wish I'd had the benefit then of the research available today on the internet. Would have saved me a lot of disappointment.

Let me preface this by saying I have never had a bad cruise- just some are better than others

However, at the bottom of the list is NCL. My wife said the lobster was the worst she ever had on a cruise. I'm not much of a lobster fan, so I'll take her word for it

You buy a drink, it always comes in a souvinier (sp) glass at a $2 markup. I guess you have to ask for it specifically without this glass

Our biggest gripe is something most folks would consider minor- Pepsi products. We both consider Diet Pepsi a small step above swill. By the time we got off, I was dying for a Diet Coke

It was a short 2-night out and back, supposedly to the private island, but that was cancelled in favor of Freeport, Bahamas. Not NCL's fault, but just added to my general feelings. I'm glad we didn't waste any more time and money

Holland America was not our favorite either, but, their private island was nice, and the show on the last night (kind of a vaudeville review, all the entertainers during the week participated, and the band really cut loose). And, they had Diet Coke

Majesty in 2000. Food, service, cabin, shows............ There was nothing about that cruise we enjoyed except getting off!

I was so unhappy DH didn't bat an eyelash when I booked a cruise on Explorer of the Seas as soon as we got home!

We haven't set foot on an NCL ship since & I don't think we ever will........

Archived