Use Royal deposit on Celebrity?

willow0325

I don't know if Royal is different but the wording on my X Passages Certificate states:

"You may apply the value of your Celebrity Passages account against the cost of a Celebrity cruise. A Celebrity Passages account is not valid on any other cruise lines, including any other affiliates of Celebrity Cruises."

I was able to transfer a RCCL booking to X just recently. The lower deposit as well as the OBC. :)

Only thing that did not transfer was the points accumulated by using the RCCL visa card. X wouldn't honor the points although if I had actually had the certificates instead of just the points, maybe they would have moved as well. :confused:

I was able to transfer a RCCL booking to X just recently. The lower deposit as well as the OBC. :)

Only thing that did not transfer was the points accumulated by using the RCCL visa card. X wouldn't honor the points although if I had actually had the certificates instead of just the points, maybe they would have moved as well. :confused:

Was that a specific cruise booked on board with RCCL transferred to a specific cruise on X or was it an Open Passages Certificate from RCCL that you used to book an X cruise? Hope that makes sense:confused:

Was that a specific cruise booked on board with RCCL transferred to a specific cruise on X or was it an Open Passages Certificate from RCCL that you used to book an X cruise? Hope that makes sense:confused:

Makes sense and yes, it was a specific cruise.

YOu can transfer a specific cruise as long you keep the same booking number, but not "future" cruise.

Yes, must have and keep the same booking number. I've never done a FC booking so can't speak to that, but apparently, no booking number is assigned until a cruise is actually selected, so the transfer from one to the other line may not be possible.

No, it wasn't towards a specific cruise.

We were on a Royal cruise. If we paid $100/person towards any future cruise, then we would receive $125 OBC for that future cruise. We did not have to specify any date and had no other commitment other than the $100/per person. It is valid for 10 years.

So, there is no booking number to transfer because we haven't selected the future cruise yet.

Does that explain it a little better? Thanks so much!

After reading this thread I pulled out my own RC "future cruise" booking and the confirmation does indeed say Celebrity/Royal Caribbean.

I contacted Celebrity this morning to ask if it could be applied to one of my already booked Celebrity cruises. Turns out that it could have been of I wasn't already past final payment! :-(

The rep stated that it could have been used at initial booking with Celebrity or if it were before final payment she could have cancelled and rebooked all of my original info with the FC booking number.

Disappointed I missed out on inboard credit--- but I don't have any worries that i won't use it later! Good info to have for the future.

Archived