Availability for upcoming cruise in 2 weeks

tommy

We are on the Emerald on Sept 29 We booked a guarantee AC We have not been assigned a cabin yet Every day on Princess web site the available cabins change Yesterday the cruise was sold out today Penthouse are available and balcony is wait listed Can someone explain how this works

Deb

What you are PROBABLY seeing is the moving around of paid passengers and satisfying those guarantees with cabins. Keep checking your personalizer. Hopefully you'll get an awesome cabin. At a minimum, you'll get what you paid for and still have a fabulous cruise!

What you are PROBABLY seeing is the moving around of paid passengers and satisfying those guarantees with cabins. Keep checking your personalizer. Hopefully you'll get an awesome cabin. At a minimum, you'll get what you paid for and still have a fabulous cruise!

I agree - there is a lot of cabin shuffling going on when you are this close!! You will have a cabin - keep checking your personalizer. Oh, and I will be waving to you when you return - we are on the cruise after yours -- Bon Voyage!!!:D

We are on the Emerald on Sept 29 We booked a guarantee AC We have not been assigned a cabin yet Every day on Princess web site the available cabins change Yesterday the cruise was sold out today Penthouse are available and balcony is wait listed Can someone explain how this works

Deb

Inventory/Dispatch is currently berthing passengers in GTY; however, inventory can change minute by minute as passengers are booking, cancelling, upgrading, moveovers, etc. I only show inside and suites available. It could be some categories (outside/balconies) could be in an oversold situation. This is common and are either waiting for cancellations or offering move over deals to currently booked passengers. As cabins become available GTY passengers will be berthed. This can happen today or at the pier. We just don't know and that's the risk you take booking a GTY cabin. Cruise lines routinely overbook sailing just like the airlines do so they sail at or near 100% capacity. Do NOT worry. You will be assign a cabin soon or at least at the pier. Just check your Cruise Personalizer every so often.

Here's wishing you a wonderful cabin assignment and hopefully before you get to the pier so you have one less thing to think about.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi there! I am in the same "boat" so to speak... Except all of the interiors, OV obstructed and OVs are sold out... A lot of balconies, mini-suites and suites are still available... :( But, I have a little over two months to go! Chloedmom, I have a great idea... Why don't you join us on the Carnival Splendor in April of next year... Carnival has some really good prices!

To the OP, on my first Princess cruise, I received my cabin assignment two days prior to sailing... It was also a mini-suite! As the others have said, just check your personalizer, and keep in mind that it is possible to receive your cabin assignment at the pier.

Deb

I usually had my gty cabin assigned about 4 -5 weeks before cruising.:confused:

I would call Princess or your TA and enquire about it.:cool:

I usually had my gty cabin assigned about 4 -5 weeks before cruising.:confused:

i've always gotten my cabin assignment months before sailing! this time i'm still waiting with 7 weeks to go, and still checking the personalizer compulsively. i like the excitement, i booked an interior and just figure its taking princess a long time to find a suite for me. ;)

Recently cabin assignments for guarantees (at least many of them) have not been showing up until from a few days before you sail, to a few weeks. And some not until you arrive at the pier. This is not uncommon. If you have always gotten your assignment many months or weeks in advance..........you have just been a lucky duck. ;)

For one of our cruises last year, we received our cabin assignment before the final payment date. For another one, we got it four days before the cruise. In both cases we were upgraded from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one.

Waiting is hard, but we went with a guarantee again. We're not picky about where we'll end up. This time we did a balcony guarantee (Cat. BE). They'll have a cabin with a balcony for us somewhere on the ship.

As Comboy reports, the cruise line can oversell the capacity for a cruise. They count on so many people canceling, even after the final payment date. And if enough people do not cancel, Princess will keep sweetening the pot with offers for people to take a cruise on another date. We received such an offer once. It was before one of our Christmas cruise. We were in an inside cabin and were offered a balcony cabin plus a lot of onboard credit to switch to a different date the next spring.

We were just told by a Princess agent that according to maritime law, they must assign cabins 2 weeks prior to sailing. We got our assignment on the exact 2 weeks before sailing day and got a very nice upgrade. First time sailing with Princess, and yes I watched all the changes daily as to what was available and all of a sudden it was SOLD OUT!

This Spring, we did a BG booking on Carnival (we waited until 4 weeks before the cruise to book, too), and we got our cabin about 1 week before we sailed. It was just fine. Actually, it was a great cabin. I don't remember what category we ended up with, but it was terrific. Of course, last winter here was just terrible, so anything warm would have been terrific to us!:D

Ohiodoglover

We were just told by a Princess agent that according to maritime law, they must assign cabins 2 weeks prior to sailing. We got our assignment on the exact 2 weeks before sailing day and got a very nice upgrade. First time sailing with Princess, and yes I watched all the changes daily as to what was available and all of a sudden it was SOLD OUT!

I think that you were given some incorrect information:)

We are now down to 12 days Still no cabin It must be sold out When I try to price on Princess It says pricing is unavailable Our cruise doesn't even come up on Travelocity The pricing goes right to Oct sailings

Deb

Multiple reasons why they would delay a guarantee cabin assignment. Extra churn on trying to move within category, extra complaints on less than ideal cabin assignments (even with an upgrade), last minute sales (unlikely at the prices they try to charge), "I've sailed 18 times and why did the 1st time cruiser get the mini-suite upgrade and not me" complaints etc etc.

Downside is in the foreign ports where queueing is a sport. Last March in Civitavecchia around noon there was a huge crowd (practicing queueing chaos theory) trying to get their cabin assignments prior to handing over their luggage. We just rolled around them, handed in our bags, and were on the ship in less than 10 minutes.

Booked our next cruise fairly late so got a guarantee to save on costs. Hope we get our assigment before we leave, if not our backup plan is DW screaming and collapsing by the crowd hopefully enough to distract the crowd so I can divide and conquer.

Archived