LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

I am posting this afternoon from the lovely and inexpensive Red Room Inn on 45th Street, just off I-95, in West Palm Beach, FL.

41385_53_b.jpg41385_54_b.jpg

We had a leisurely 4 hour drive from our home in Palm Coast, FL.

There is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant across the parking lot from the Hotel where we will dine in style tonight and tomorrow morning.

We will leave the Hotel about 9 am Saturday morning for the 1 hour drive to the port. Arriving there at 10 am should give us a choice of parking spots close to the terminal.

We should be checked in by 11 am.

The last time I sailed on the Oasis they started boarding at about 11:15.

We get to board first because we will both be using walkers but the ramps are wide and we keep to the right and allow the younger and more fit cruisers to wiz right on by us.

Our priority will be the Roast Beef Sandwiches at the Park Grille in Central Park which opens at Noon.

This will be Judith's first time on the Oasis. She was impressed with the size and amenities on the Freedom last spring which was her first cruse. She has no clue what is in store for her on the Oasis!

This is her favorite photo of the Oasis. We have figured out that it was not taken in Florida but we have no clue where it was taken. If anyone knows, let us know.

Oasis_Of_The_Seas_Wallpaper.jpg

Here is the Itinerary Map from the RCI web site.

CARIB_CAW_FLL_50903B.gif

At the moment, it looks like a hurricane free week. We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather,

More to come...

WooHooooo! I have lurked on your live posts for quite some time and it is time to step up and say you are awesome! It is going to be a wonderful week. I hope you and Judith have an amazing and hurricane free sailing. My family and I will be on the Oasis in March with the same itinerary. I haven't seen many kids club pics...I know it isn't even on your radar but if you happen to be wandering around that area and have your camera handy, could you snap a few? Have a great time!

Woo Hoo !!

Another week of great reviews & Pics from Trainman-2 & Judith - I so enjoyed your last one - Have a wonderful cruise both !!!

And Where will you both be standing for Sailaway ? Because I shall be watching (and waving from here in the UK) on w w w dot portevergladeswebcam dot com

Have a wonderful time and thank you for doing your great "Live from".....

Hi Jim and Judith,

I had marked my calendar for your next live, and here we are. Thank you for doing this, sharing your cruise with all of us.

We sailed on the Oasis in Oct 2010 and loved it very much. My DH uses a scooter to get around. Judith you will just love it, I am sure.

Enjoy your roast beef sandwich, they are great.

Look forward to reading all your posts.

Suz

Man am I excited to see you doing another live report... we're off to Allure in a few weeks, this should be enough to tide me over.

You and Radio need to start posting your confirmation numbers so we can send you some goodies - you're doing a major service to all of those who aren't going on a cruise or who are just within reach of their own cruise. Thanks for taking one for the team.... LOL :p

Hope you and Judith have a blast - thanks for taking us along for the ride!

-germ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trainman-2 viewpost.gif

This is her favorite photo of the Oasis. We have figured out that it was not taken in Florida but we have no clue where it was taken. If anyone knows, let us know.

Oasis_Of_The_Seas_Wallpaper.jpg

If my reasearch is accurate it is a picture of the Oasis leaving Turku Finland.

I would concur with your assessment. When I saw the photo I was immediately reminded of my recent Baltic cruise which sailed out of Stockholm and through the Archipelago (which is indeed right there next to Turku, Finland).

Archived