LIVE From the Oasis of the Seas - Sailing 17 September 2011 (Saturday)

Trainman-2

Yeah, a cruise this week! Thanks again Jim for all your work. We are on the Explorer with Radio in Nov, this will help us wait!

Hey to Ruthie and John, How are you guys? Glad to see John is better!

Yeap, we're here and doing pretty well. Been one heck of a year for Jon but with the Dr's blessings we are heading off on the Oasis in 2 weeks then 10 weeks later on the Voyager. Hope all is well with you and Mike. Plus I hope you're still above water! You all have been hit hard out there this summer and we would give anything for some rain though we aren't as bad as TX yet. But for now we're going to live an extra week on the Oasis through Jim and Judith and forget about home for awhile.

Please refresh my memory as to where you stay on the Oasis. And, we'll need your advice. We need to book 6 more staterooms for family. If we choose interior balconies for the grandkids, which deck would you recommend? We'll trust tips from the expert!

We like the ocean view balconies on Deck 6 because they are the closest to the water and the sound of the waves.

You need to go up a few decks to get the interior balconies.

My best advice is to get rooms as close to the rear elevators as you can. The rear elevators provide direct access to:

- Pool Deck

- Windjammer

- Central Park

- Main Dining Rooms

- The Boardwalk

- The Royal Promenade

Saturday, Day 1, September 17th, Boarding Day

Good Morning Everyone!

It is about 7:15 am here in the Red Roof Inn in West Palm Beach, FL.

I went to the hotel lobby for free coffee but it was swarmed with a bus load of moms & kids so I walked across to the Cracker Barrel and brought coffee back for us.

It will only take 10 minutes to pack and load but we have to wait until 9 am to leave which will allow us to drive into the parking lot at the port around 10 am. If we get there any earlier there will not be any parking spaces close to the terminal.

I am not sure when my first post from the ship will be. It depends on when the ship's computer systems come up and I can create a user ID and Password. It may be mid-afternoon or after dinner in the MDR before I post "LIVE" from the ship.

Until then...

Saturday, Day 1, September 17th, Boarding Day

I am not sure when my first post from the ship will be. It depends on when the ship's computer systems come up and I can create a user ID and Password. It may be mid-afternoon or after dinner in the MDR before I post "LIVE" from the ship.

Until then...

We will all be waiting to hear from you! ;) Safe travels to you and your beautiful wife! Bon Voyage!

Whoo-Hoo! Another Trainman thread to follow! Like Radio, I love your beautiful pictures and candid accounts of your activities.

We love to watch the Oasis/Allure sailings on the webcam. It will be fun to watch it today, knowing that there is someone we "know of" on board! Wave!

Right now, it's just about Noon where you are. You should be diving in to that first roast beef sandwich right about now..... mmmmmm.......

Trainman, hoping you have a great time and thanks for another live cruise review. My house furnance just kicked on this morning for the first time this season so I am looking forward to your posting from somewhere warm.

Only frustrating thing about your live cruises is scrolling through all the well wishers to find your postings. OH WAIT, I just added to the list. :o:D

Have fun

Bill

Archived