Celebrity Eclipse TA, April 21, 2012 MERGED

Turtles06

Right now there is a couple Cathy and Eric who are interested, but nothing is set and I'm sure if we had 5 people he'd find a van to accommodate us. The tour can include anything but I hadn't really planned on the Blarney stone since I already have the gift of gab and have the gift of other oral skills okaaaaay? But I'm flexible. But after thinking and hearing about it I prolly won't kiss the stone ....

Dear Travelling Ox,

Where will the precruise dinner be meeting and what time?

Also, do you have any estimate for the private cab in Ireland?

Seashell 22

PS Just one week to go!!

Hi Seashell,

The pre-sail party is just a bunch of passengers from this Cruise Critic site (both from this LGBT board and the regular board) gathering at the stern of the ship after the muster drill to watch America slip behind us as we sail away. It's a nice way to put faces to screen names and start the cruise off with a bunch of new friends.

How fun to be an Irish citizen! As it turns out we now have a full cab for our day in Cork, however, I'm happy to give you the name of our driver so maybe he can organize another car for you.

I don't know much about Miami so I can't comment on Little Havana and its safety. Are we still meeting for dinner on Friday night?

Dear Travelling Ox,

Oops, I missed your previous email. Sorry to hear the cab is full but would appreciate drivers info.

See everyone at the stern on Saturday night.

Seahell 22

I got a nice email from Pied Piper yesterday saying that there will be a welcome aboard party for the PP folks the evening of sailaway.

We are looking forward to meeting other PPs there, and everyone else at the Sunset Bar after muster drill..... or wherever we happen to meet!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Billy, I am rolling my clothes. :)

I have been looking up things to do and found one of the more interesting tours.

The Jameson Irish Wiskey distillery tour in Midleton. It is a mere 13€ and is just a short train ride from the port. The train station is right there in the port and at the distillery.

Book in advance and save 10% It appears they have a limit on daily visitors so it might be wise to book in advance of the 2800 others on the ship

http://www.tours.jamesonwhiskey.com/Home/The-Jameson-Experience-Midleton.aspx

I just found this site and am taking my first cruise in over 25 years on the Eclipse next Saturday. BTW, I'm Michele, from Coconut Creek, FL. For anyone interested, that's a small city between Ft. Lauderdale and Boca Raton on the east coast.

There will be 3 of us. Myself (F 58), my friend (celebrating her 60th BD on the 25th) and her mom (87). I have a disability (bad back) and will be bringing my mobility scooter along as will my friend's mom. I do hope there's room in the Handicap accessible Sky Suite we booked for both chairs. :) With luck I'll be able to do some walking but I don't want to ruin my trip by not having it when I might need it.

I am positive we are not prepared, but I am looking forward to a relaxing and fun time. We'll be staying a couple of extra days in London and I look forward to our dinner cruise and the London Eye experience as well as the ports along the way to Southampton. As my friend keeps reminding me, there will be drinking and there WILL be dancing. Just hope I don't hurt myself further. LOL

Any advice for a newbie?

Michele

Hey Billy,

Seashell may be interested in partners for a private tour. I gave him the email of my driver Donal (who I'm sure has friends who drive too). They'll customize the day for you.

I was hoping to do the Ring of Kerry while in Irleand but we haven't booked anything yet =/

Hey Billy,

Seashell may be interested in partners for a private tour. I gave him the email of my driver Donal (who I'm sure has friends who drive too). They'll customize the day for you.

Thanks Julian! I guess I'll wait until we get onboard then see what everyone is doing. =)

We finally decided to go to Miami via Houston, but we will not get there until 10pm Friday night. So we won't be able to do a pre-cruise dinner with everyone. We look forward to meeting everyone on the ship on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived