Room Service Question

SLU Billikens

It seems room service availability varies by cruise ship with Princess. Is this correct? For example I have read on threads that some ships allow you to write in hot breakfast items and others not. Some seem to allow ordering off the regular dinner menu and others not.

Can someone please clear this up for me. Especially regarding the Sapphire Princess. We are sailing on the SP in October.

We were on the Sapphire last November. We ordered room service every morning around 6:00am. We called instead of filling out that form. I ordered my favorite Lox, Bagels & Cream Cheese with all the fixings without a problem. I know that my sister who was next door to us got whatever they wanted as well. The coffee was hot too. Others who filled out the form complained of luke warm coffee as they prefill the coffee pots so they can deliver to numerous rooms at a time. We also tipped well. Maybe that is why we got whatever we ordered.

There is no harm in trying. They can only say NO.

Just off the Sapphire last Sunday.

We ordered oatmeal and omelets with sausage and bacon on port days.

Coffee was always hot, cream was always cold.

We just wrote our order on the door card instead of calling.

Also...you're supposed to pick a time range for delivery. We would just write in the time we wanted. i.e. 7am instead of the 7am-730am range. Also..on the days we wanted it before 7am (the earliest delivery time available) we just wrote that in and it came on time.

Make sure and ask for salt and pepper.

We never used room service for lunch or dinner, but we did have that spicy mix from the bars delivered to our cabin everyday for our cocktail hour.

The best information that I have is that this is a policy in transition. The old policy of being able to order anything from room service that was being served in the dining room has changed. Princess has instituted "suite amenities" and one of the perks for staying in a suite is the ability to order dining room items from room service. They have therefore discontinued this policy for those staying in cabins less than suites. I think the disparity in responses is due to the time of sailing and time that the policy was instituted on a particular ship. Bottom Line....unless you are in a suite, I would not count on anything extra from room service, that is not on the room service menu or the breakfast card.

Cheers

We were in a regular cabin and ordered other than what was on the menu and got it. Of course I guess it depends on what you order. We were not extravagant. Try it, if it doesn't work get dressed and go eat. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Crowsie,

Just a quick question: What is the "spicy mix" you mentioned in your thread?? Is that a Bloody Mary mix?? Just curious, because we were on RCCL Splendour in the Royal Suite and they told us that they had no Bloody Mary mixes available for delivery to rooms...... Makes me wonder?

Thanks,

Tim

Crowsie,

Just a quick question: What is the "spicy mix" you mentioned in your thread?? Is that a Bloody Mary mix?? Just curious, because we were on RCCL Splendour in the Royal Suite and they told us that they had no Bloody Mary mixes available for delivery to rooms...... Makes me wonder?

Thanks,

Tim

It's a bar snack that consists of pretzyls, sesame crackers etc. It has much more of a bite to it than the standard chex mix.

We never asked to have Bloody Mary mix delivered to our staterooms..but we did drink quite a few of them. We always asked for them to be made spicy.

We also loved the salt mixture on the rim...not quite sure what it was but it certainly had more to it than just the standard celery salt...

Archived