Quest

o0fefe0o

It's the "law" on here.....this not to be discussed....it's called go there with an open mind and enjoy. It's a not-to-be-missed activity....that's about all I can say. If you search for it, people have "violated" the code and you may learn more....but I'm not going to be guilty of it :D

It happens on all RCCL ships and takes about 50-60 minutes, scheduled later at night. How good it is varies depending on the cruise director but it's usually entertaining. The entire room is divided into about 10 teams and each team has a couple team captains. Like someone said, it's an adult scavenger hunt, the faster the team captains get the object or action the cruise director asks for, the more points they get. But it's more about having fun and craziness than anything.

It happens on all RCCL ships and takes about 50-60 minutes, scheduled later at night. How good it is varies depending on the cruise director but it's usually entertaining. The entire room is divided into about 10 teams and each team has a couple team captains. Like someone said, it's an adult scavenger hunt, the faster the team captains get the object or action the cruise director asks for, the more points they get. But it's more about having fun and craziness than anything.

The room isn't always divided into group. On the smaller ships I've seen as many as 40 self formed groups. To me that add a whole lot more to the action of the game.

What rating would this activity be? G, PG, R?

I ask because we are going with a large group of pretty conservative adults and don't want to be uncomfortable initiating this.

The last Quest we attended would have been rated R or 18+. There was one very inebriated young woman who lost all her inhibitions, and some of her clothing. Cruise Director gave her a sweater to wrap around her waist. Definitely be aware that at that hour of the night, after people have been drinking, most anything can happen. You could certainly sit by the exit and leave if it becomes uncomfortable for you.

The last Quest we attended would have been rated R or 18+. There was one very inebriated young woman who lost all her inhibitions, and some of her clothing. Cruise Director gave her a sweater to wrap around her waist. Definitely be aware that at that hour of the night, after people have been drinking, most anything can happen. You could certainly sit by the exit and leave if it becomes uncomfortable for you.

So at what time is the Quest game held?

I would give it an extreme PG-13 to a boarder line R rating.

We walked in to one late and watched from a distance. I was wondering where all those men got the bras they were dancing around wearing. :eek:

One question I had had was if the "items" to be found are the same over and over. Like the questions for Love & Marriage. First time we saw Quest (and that one was very tame) the item was "teeth" and someone was way too quick with a comb.

What rating would this activity be? G, PG, R?

I ask because we are going with a large group of pretty conservative adults and don't want to be uncomfortable initiating this.

I typically respond to this type question by saying if one is conservative this may not be a show they would want to watch. If you have concerns try searching some of the social video sites for a sampling of what may happen.

One question I had had was if the "items" to be found are the same over and over. Like the questions for Love & Marriage. First time we saw Quest (and that one was very tame) the item was "teeth" and someone was way too quick with a comb.

Some people show up with shopping bags filled with items they know will be called.

It does help to have a younger audience (younger by cruise standards). The wildest Quest I saw was on the Explorer sailing out of New Jersey, and had many 20-somethings who really got fully into it. My last cruise was a TA and it was tough getting enough people to participate. There were a bunch of people in my section that just sat there and stared blankly.

The most conservative and/or boring Quest show we ever saw was on the Oasis of the Seas this past Feb 26th sailing, not a whole lot of persons in the adudience and after a while we saw people leaving early.

The most extreme Quest show we ever saw was back in March 09 on the Navigator of the Seas of which would be a spring break cruise for many of the passengers and I can tell you that there were no seats left to be found and nobody left that show, very close to crossing the line, but somehow the Cruise Director and Staff did not let it go to far.

With all that said, we are on vacation and having a great time and will go to the show in the future.

The most conservative and/or boring Quest show we ever saw was on the Oasis of the Seas this past Feb 26th sailing, not a whole lot of persons in the adudience and after a while we saw people leaving early.

Yipes. I don't want to hear that! Hope it's a rare occurence! I got special underwear for the Quest show just incase I end up with my pants off should the host ask for something like five pairs of men's pants! That's all I'll say on the subject of my underwear because the actual thread on it (see below) got locked afte a short while! Geez!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1452293

Do these SpongeBob SquarePants underwear make me look fat?

Archived