Vista Class cabins where balcony curves

T739

The deck plans for the Vista class ships show a curve in the balcony towards the aft. Obviously this makes for a larger verandah and also a better view. My question is how does it affect the cabin, and more specifically the S suites like S7087 and S7088? Is the curved cabin smaller or larger? Is there a sofa bed for 2 persons?

S Suite 5187 on the Vista ships has a huge wraparound balcony - but the cabin itself is a tad smaller than the side suites, which also have large verandahs, but not nearly as large as the stern suites.

For the S Suites "on the curve" you lose a modicum of privacy but as long as you remember to dress - or are exhibitionists - it shouldn't be a big problem.

If you have the chance to get 5187 or 5186--GRAB IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!

It's fabulous!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

It is approxamately 30 sq ft less--a great trade-off when you consider the enormous veranda!!!!!! Just take a look! Then add on the covered side balcony of approx 130 sq ft !! We had three adults sharing the cabin and had loads of room and storage!:)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4618

We were warned several times by the travel agent about the veranda being able to be seen from above, but since we don't plan to be out without our clothes on, this wasn't a problem for us! It seemed to be the larger veranda was well worth it. We don't plan to spend too much time actually inside the cabin unless we are sleeping, so the slightly smaller cabin wasn't an issue either. But that veranda looks like heaven!

I just stayed in Cabin 5187 on the Zuiderdam, all's I can say is WOW!!!!!! That balcony was heaven, especially with 5 girls. We had 3 in 5187 and also booked the mini suite next door 5185 and had our room steward open up the little partition there so we could go between the two cabins.

Grab those corner aft suites, those balconies are INDREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we were in 5186 on the Zui, 3-19 and what a great cabin, I am not sure how much smaller the cabin is but it was plenty big for us, we even had a party for 6 in our cabin with lots of room, and the veranda :) ...so wonderful, I would book it in a minute if you can

What is a mini-suite on a HAL ship? Are youreferring to the SS category?

Hal used to refer to A and B categories on S and R ships as mini suites. Hal has changed the terminolgy and no longer refers to them as mini suites.

They have added new categories on the Vistas like SS and Verandah cabins.

Some people still use the term mini suite when referring to A,B,or even the SS.

I would think that a more appropriate term for the SS is mini-suite. It was not entirely clear without reading all the info that HAL doesn't honestly treat an SS as a 'real' suite in terms of amenities - yet they call it a suite.

JMHO,

Scrumpy

Hal used to refer to A and B categories on S and R ships as mini suites. Hal has changed the terminolgy and no longer refers to them as mini suites.

They have added new categories on the Vistas like SS and Verandah cabins.

Some people still use the term mini suite when referring to A,B,or even the SS.

• 9 months later...

UGHHH my travel agent screwed up, had cabin 5187 held for us only to tell us she lost the cabin for some "unknown reason, she did however book us 4180 below. Can you please tell me if anyone has seen this cabin and especially the veranda, It looks quite a bit smaller from the diagram.

Im sure being an aft wrap around its probably still pretty nice but Im concearn about the balcony.

Any input would be appreciated.

capn.

S Suite 5187 on the Vista ships has a huge wraparound balcony - but the cabin itself is a tad smaller than the side suites, which also have large verandahs, but not nearly as large as the stern suites.

For the S Suites "on the curve" you lose a modicum of privacy but as long as you remember to dress - or are exhibitionists - it shouldn't be a big problem.

Deck 8 aft side balconies afford complete privacy. I just toured the ZUI and am very happy with my choice of cabin.

Yes, they are a tad smaller inside but the balcony is truly fab!

Archived