spa / getting nails done

lilyfrog73

I am taking my daughter (10) on her first cruise in January. Can we just go get our nails painted?? I'm not a girly girl :rolleyes: and have never gotten a manicure. She loves to paint her nails and thought this would be a fun thing for the two of us to do before our first formal dinner.

You can get her nails painted but it could be more than you would want to spend. Hubby had a pedicure cruise before last (I thought he had done it pre cruise and was horrified he was going to walk around in sandals with those talons.)

It cost me him $75 for what we normally pay $25 pre cruise. Needless to say he doesn't forget anymore. He just had one yesterday for our cruise this weekend.

I only had a mani/pedi onboard once, and that was several years ago. I don't remember the price being a whole lot more than I paid at home, but you could probably google a spa price list. What I do remember is that the manicurist wasn't in a very good mood, and was in a worse one when I kept sweetly saying "no, thank you" to her endless sales pitches. But like I said, that was a long time ago and things could have greatly changed.

I know they offer a color change so not sure whey they wouldn't do a paint...will probably run you about $20 per person though...I would do it right before the cruise and make a pre-cruise girl day...plus they will spend the entire time trying to sell you things...

I know they offer a color change so not sure whey they wouldn't do a paint...will probably run you about $20 per person though...
A manicure at the little Vietnamese hole in the wall I go to is $23. On a cruise ship I am betting it would go at least double that.

A manicure at the little Vietnamese hole in the wall I go to is $23. On a cruise ship I am betting it would go at least double that.

It isn't $20 for a manicure, it is $20 to put on a new color...which took about 10 minutes...a manicure at my place is $25 and a color change is $10 so it is double what I pay for a paint job...

I paid for the "teen manicure/pedicure" (advertised in the fun times) for my 17 year old daughter. It was crappy - the polish came off the next day in the water (basically peeled off in big chunks and/or chipped badly).

I was so disappointed. It didn't seem like very good polish they used.

I was just thinking that I would probably need a fill and pedicure when I was on the ship but I just saw the prices. For both it would be close to $100 so no thank you! I will get mine done before I leave and bring extra polish for my toes if the polish should chip off.

Thanks for all the responses. I did see on the carnival site that a manicure would be 45 a piece. It wasn't something I mentioned to my daughter so I think I'll skip it. It's a shame that the prices for these small things are so high but in the end it's about making money and we all want to do that right :D. Maybe I will take her before we leave.

My husband is a welder and his hands are awful. We always book a manicure for him the very first day of the cruise. They do an excellent job and he has nice smooth hands for my clothes and my skin. The last time he did a gentleman's special with a shave and I forget what else. I am not kidding he looked 10 years younger when he came back to he cabin.

Archived