? How many Children??

orchestrapal

And the kids on board are usually invovled in the excellent kid programs and you don't see them around much at all. We've taken our kids when they were young and now our grandchild and they love the programs, and are mainly involved in those.

If you end up at a table with a family, which is very remote chance, just ask to be moved.

The only problem I see is if the sight of a child puts you into cardiac arrest...other than that, shouldn't be an issue.

Den

We sailed on the Equinox in early December I think there were about 35 children onboard. It was a 10 night cruise and we rarley saw any of the kids, they were kept busy..

We did a 11 nt cruise on RCI's Brilliance of the Seas in January and there were 10 kids onboard.

If school is in session, the cruise is longer and it's not near a holiday then you will probably not notice many kids.

Bev

To be exact 13 1/2. :D. Ever notice how an average number of people sometimes comes out not as a whole person? There are usually less children on X than other cruises but it can be hit or miss. For whatever reason some grandparents feel the need to take their grandchildren along with them. The good thing about it though is that they are usually well behaved because if they aren't the grandparents will leave them home the next time. Parents that have to take their kids are stuck with them and have no choice.

We were on the Solstice in early March and I was worried about Spring Break and lot of kids. I noticed very few. I think the reason was that we were in AQ and no children were on that floor, we ate in Blu and there were no children and we stayed in the Solarium and spa areas so we saw few children there. So the key might be to go AQ if you do not want to be around children. Mind, I love children, just not on my vacation.

Thinking of booking on Celebrity but used to sailing lines with few or no children. How many children can we expect "off season" May, October, November on Celebrity?:confused:

The first week of October is our fall break so we are sailing on Princess Oct. 1. Because we start school earlier in August, we also get out earlier in May and usually are able to get a cruise in before the prices go up in June. I think if you were to aim for early to mid May, you would be fine and avoid Thanksgiving week too.

I think the poster who mentioned the longer the cruise in more off season months is right on. We have two daughters we travel with and I won't pull them out of school. We got lucky this year and have a two week spring break so we are taking advantage of a 14 night cruise in March. There are some schools on strange schedules though. Here in Wisconsin we have a teacher convention the last three days of October so there are tons of people around here who will take them out for 2 days and do a 7 night cruise. Now if you were doing a 2 week, then I wouldn't imagine any school aged kids, but perhaps more the toddler/baby route. It is usually cheaper to travel off season anyway.

Archived