Minisuite or balcony on the Sun?

jimbug

I just can't decide which cabin to get! We're booked in a BC (#8029)...but I'm thinking about "spoiling" ourselves and upgrading to a forward-facing AE on the pool deck (#1001) for about $250pp more. I'm traveling with my mom, and this is my 3rd, and her 2nd cruise. Previous cruises have all been in regular balcony cabins on Princess. I saw someone's pictures from a Sun AE, and thought how nice it would be to have all that extra room and an actual bathtub!

Is it worth the extra money, or should I just stick with what we've got? :-)

You'll love the forward facing balcony. It's actually a bigger balcony that what you'll find in the side-facing minisuites. Go for it. You'll not be sorry. It's fantastic to be able to see both sides of where you are going. Enjoy.

My daughter and I are booked the Sun in 1001 on the Pool deck. We're looking forward to looking forward from our larger balcony. We sailed the Grandeur last December and really enjoyed the added space of a mini. The previous Dec. we were on the Conquest in a regular balcony which was nice but the little extra perks of the mini can't be beat......except if you have one of the larger suites.

I was pleasantly surprised at the small difference in the $$$ between the balcony and mini suite. I've mentioned this to friends but they don't think to ask the difference in cost between the two. The larger bathroom with tub is a nice extra also.

Archived