Platinum & Gold Embarkation Mix?

Captain Carnival

On my next cruise I will turn platinum and presume that I will go through the "vip" check-in line yet my parents (both 75) are gold and will have to regular check-in line.

QUESTION: When the platinum/vip's board can my "gold" parents accompany us too?

The embarkation priority is Wedding, VIP's and then first come firse serve (as they handed out numbers). You can certainly ask tho....

On my next cruise I will turn platinum and presume that I will go through the "vip" check-in line yet my parents (both 75) are gold and will have to regular check-in line.

QUESTION: When the platinum/vip's board can my "gold" parents accompany us too?

Only if they are using your credit card for their sign and sail card is what I have been told.

Are they handicapped?? HC boards with or right before VIP.

Other than that, ...

Good tip.....:D

lol I think I already said that in the beginning lol. My sister who I used to cruise with is both HC and platinum and we were always confused with which group we were supposed to sit with to board or disembark.

But how can they tell (at the gangway) who is on the same credit card?

Have your TA set them up on your credit card.....or you can do this yourself online and link the bookings together. As far as what you do at port differs by each port. Let them know at check in that you are all together on the same card. And if you want, once you are onboard go to the VIP line at guest services and change the credit cards back over.....

You have to check in before that.. I know I have seen threads about people jumping the VIP line and sneaking into it. Of course it can be done. Once you are checked in .. and if your parents wandered over to where you are sitting, if someone asked them, they could say they wanted to talk to you and not leave... no one would probably stop them.

You can lie to the Staff when entering the terminal and they will let you all go thru on the VIP line BUT once you get into the VIP Room, your parents would be turned away. Mainly, because they are not VIP and their cards would not be in the VIP room.

Now, with that being said, when we cruised this past August there were 11 of us that were either Milestone/Platinum and another 7 that weren't. We went into the VIP room, the others got on the "regular" line.

When the Carnival Staff heard that there were 18 of us, they allowed the other 7 to join us in the VIP room, wait with us, and we all boarded together. If you get there early enough, they might allow your parents to join you and wait for boarding to start.

Also, and probably a very big factor, on our particular cruise, there were only 18 Milestone/Platinum cruisers and we were 11 of them so that might have played a big part in why they allowed us to all wait together...

You can lie to the Staff when entering the terminal and they will let you all go thru on the VIP line BUT once you get into the VIP Room, your parents would be turned away. Mainly, because they are not VIP and their cards would not be in the VIP room.

Not if they are using the same credit card......

When you go into the terminal there are separate lines and waiting rooms for VIP and regular. There is usually a person standing at the entrance to the area checking Fun Passes to see if they are VIP. Once you are separated they don't know who's who at the gangway. I am Platinum and my DH is gold, but he will be able to board with me as we are on the same Fun Pass and credit card. Does that make sense?

If they are tied to your CC (platinum member), then we have just told them

they were tied to our CC. With out the S&S cards were in the VIP. So they

never gave us any issues in the VIP line once we gold them they were tied

together. Once on board you can change the card or place cash if you wish.

From the goccl.com travel agent site.....

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

I can't imagine Carnival's not allowing you to board together, but to get the boarding cards, you should go to the VIP area and they will go to the regular area. It makes a lot of work for the rep checking in people who are in the wrong area. In that, I mean, the VIP cards are in one area and the regular ones are in another.

I know when my dad went with us, he was put in a special line as he was coming onboard in a wheelchair and was being pushed by a port employee as the wheelchair was a port wheelchair. At times we were told to go with him to the regular line so he wouldn't be alone. The only problem with that was that the rep had to go to the VIP area to get our cards. It held up the line for others, so it's not recommended.

Either way, when he got his card, we all boarded with the handicapped people so we could board together. It seemed as though we went onboard about the same time as VIP, just at different ends of the terminal. By the way this was at Pt Canaveral.

Archived