Guarantee question

colkeena

No, we've never had a last minute assignment. The few times we have had guranteed cabins we got assigned within a few days of booking. I didn't think they waited until the last minute. Unless of course you book at the last minute.

Not sure about any kind of upgrade. Depends what guarantee you booked. If you booked an inside guarantee, I doubt you are going to be put in an Concierge Class Cabin.

We booked a balcony guarantee over a month ago .Our cruise is in about 4 weeks.

Just wondering if anyone has been upgraded to a concierge cabin.We are elite but don't know if that makes any difference.

Don't mind waiting.Just curious about others experiences.

I have booked GTY many times. I have been assigned a cabin months ahead and kept it. I've been assigned and reassigned many times. Each time the reassigned cabin was either in better location or a higher category. I've also been assigned the day before we sailed. That time the upgrade was several categories. Be patient. Anything can happen. You will be in a cabin. Booking GTY is a gamble that may pay off with an upgrade. Even if you are in the same booked category, you probably saved money. Have a nice cruise. Relax.

Really you booked over a month ago and haven't been assigned yet? I had always thought they did it within a week.

Yes, if you booked a guaranteed veranda cabin you can be put in Conceirge Class Cabin. It has happend to us twice. We are also Elite, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've also booked a balcony guarantee cabin, sailing in Jan 2012. When I try to look at the Stateroom arrangements on the Celebrity website, I get "page not found".... Am I too early to be checking into it?

Is there a way to request two beds rather than one queen?

Thank you,

I've also booked a balcony guarantee cabin, sailing in Jan 2012. When I try to look at the Stateroom arrangements on the Celebrity website, I get "page not found".... Am I too early to be checking into it?

Is there a way to request two beds rather than one queen?

Thank you,

Once your cabin has been assigned you should be able to go to "stateroom arrangements" and request 2 bed set-up. Did you book directly with Celebrity or with a TA. If you booked with a TA you can have them take care of the stateroom arrangements.

Once your cabin has been assigned you should be able to go to "stateroom arrangements" and request 2 bed set-up. Did you book directly with Celebrity or with a TA. If you booked with a TA you can have them take care of the stateroom arrangements.

I booked with a TA, and forgot to mention this.... but than again, she should have known to ask for it since I am travelling with my mom (which she knows).... Can the beds be separated in all of the cabins, or do I need a special cabin set up for two separate beds (i.e. in terms of the headboards)?

Archived