Veteran Cruisers - what is your latest discovery?

Catrin

Hello all....

For the veterans out there....

What are some of your latest cruise discoveries? Things you finally did after numerous cruises? New food you tried? Activity you FINALLY particpated in?

For me... our 12th cruise.... I finally tried Bitter and Blanc.. OMG how did I miss this? Amazing dessert.

I also went to the gym three times! (More a part of discovering my inner athlete...ha ha)

and I also tried the Burrito Bar. I realize it is not offered on all ships, but it was a new and different thing to have for lunch!

Whats new for YOU?

Catrin

I like this thread! I've cruised 15 times and for awhile got in to a "cruise routine". Now I make a point to try something each cruise that I don't normally do. For example I'm a huge lido deck aft pool, sitting by the water girl...afraid to lose my chair LOL -

Some things out of the norm for me:

Have breakfast and lunch in MDR once each cruise.

Participated in slot tournament

Did a dance class (what a hot mess that was LOL)

Went to the sauna during sunset - was beautiful

I had lunch in the main diningroom, and it was very good.

I also went to the Love and Marriage Show and laughed so hard I almost split my side open. I have seen the show on the tv in the cabin, but never before in person. I also know that for the last few years, they ask the couples the same questions. But, our cruise director, Kirk, chose his couples wisely, and they made for a hilarious show. I'm glad I went in person.

I played putt-putt in the middle of the Mediterranean on cruise #30 for the first time (and I lost!). We had a blast!

I also tried the meatloaf on my last cruise because (sad to say) it was the best choice on that menu and wished I hadn't. Not a fan of the new menus or the meatloaf.

I just got off my 6th cruise, and a month ago for the first time on these forums i found out about the ship's bell.

I knew about the superstition coin, I learned that after my first cruise here.

Now i have to find the bell on my next cruises coming up.

I finally danced with the waiters...that was so much fun.

For the first time also, I didn't buy any internet minutes on the ship. Took my laptop off with me, and in the ports found and internet cafe to use. Saved me a lot of money on my sail and sign card.

Melanie

Archived