another Kids crew question

smeyer418

I suspect that I will have to await until I am on baord but we are taking our 4 and half year old grandson and two and three quarter year old grandson as well. The 4 and half is totally toilet trained and the 2 and 3/4 is almost there but needs help in the bathroom-although he still wears diapers obviously. You know kids when they have to go its NOW...will they allow the older bro to help the younger one?

Thats one of those touchy ones. Answer ; they may .

They are not big on helping out in the potty , it may be a policy I'm not sure . I have found the young ladies that work in the kids crew to have a broad interpretation of the rules. The younger one hopefully will cross that wonderful potty threshold just before you leave and problem solved. If the older boy is in the same area they wont stop him from helping the younger one if that is what you ask of them. Have cruised with the kids since they were 4 ,, now 14.

Good luck ;)

you can also try pull ups instead of diapers because they are little easier to get on and off by yourself. And probably easier for big brother to assist with since it's the same as pulling up underpants.

he uses pull ups and still needs help. Thanks for the suggestion.

On our first Jewel cruise in 2008, our son was 2, almost 3. He was completely potty trained at the time. He was and still is a little guy.

Upon registration in the Kids Club, I immediately took into the bathroom so he could see it and know where it is. And drat! He couldn't open the heavy door! The door handle was just out of his reach.

I brought this to the attention of the staff. They were more than helpful. Good luck to you!

Also, if you feel that he may need help, I imagine that you can ask for one of their beepers to carry around so that you can help him when needed. They give beepers to the parents of those with diapers so that they can be contacted when a diaper needs changed. Just a thought. :)

Going by the rules, no Youth Staff or other participants will be able to help children in the restroom for liability reasons. Explain to the staff during registration that there is a sibling and also note it on the registration form that your older one can help if needed.

We are a good bunch of people!

Enjoy your cruise!

Going by the rules, no Youth Staff or other participants will be able to help children in the restroom for liability reasons. Explain to the staff during registration that there is a sibling and also note it on the registration form that your older one can help if needed.

We are a good bunch of people!

Enjoy your cruise!

thank you! we intend to :)

Even letting them know big brother will help him. I think requesting a beeper is a very good suggestion, just in case there is something more than big brother can help with.

That way you can relax knowing everything will either be taken care of, or you can be notified if there is a problem, like a need for something in clothing.

Archived