Wine in Key West ?

Ascott318

Does anyone know if I can purchase wine in Key West and bring it on the ship ? We have early am flight to Ft lauderdale and was told we can't buy any before noon on Sunday In Ft Lauderdale. I don't want to buy in NY and risk it getting broken in checked luggage.Thanks for any input.

The rule is any liquor bought in port they will hold until the end of your cruise. That being said I know people who walked on with wine and airplane sized bottles of booze they waved on thru.

No rule though saying you are allowed if thats what you are looking for. You probably wouldnt be allowed on the basis of you didnt have time to buy it in Ft. Lauderdale either.

PS I myself walked onto the ship with 5 airplane sized bottles of rum cream in Jamaica and they waved me on thru with it. Had it been one big bottle it wouldnt have been waved thru, go figure. I knew others doing the small bottles so I did too that cruise. np

The rule is any liquor bought in port they will hold until the end of your cruise. That being said I know people who walked on with wine and airplane sized bottles of booze they waved on thru.

The ticket contract(http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/ticket_contract.aspx), states that (f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival's vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests 21 years and older may bring on board, only in their carry-on luggage, one bottle, per person, of wine or champagne, 750ml or less. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse.

So the OP can bring a bottle of wine in her carry on onto the ship.

The ticket contract(http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/ticket_contract.aspx), states that (f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival's vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests 21 years and older may bring on board, only in their carry-on luggage, one bottle, per person, of wine or champagne, 750ml or less. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse.

You are not allowed or supposed to. The wine is only allowed to be brought on at the beginning of the cruise on embarkation day. I would buy in key west. Worst that could happen is they take it and bring it to you when you disembark.

You are not allowed or supposed to. The wine is only allowed to be brought on at the beginning of the cruise on embarkation day. I would buy in key west. Worst that could happen is they take it and bring it to you when you disembark.

Ohh! For some reason, I thought OP was sailing out of Key West...but after reading your reply, it dawned on me that OP has a port in KW.

Key Key is not the embarkation port.

I think you missed the question... what you are quoting is when you board.

the op said no time to pick it up when they embark can they pick it up in key west instead.

you would need to quote the policy at ports the ship visits.

OK I see now you caught you mistake.. .. didnt see your 2nd post. no ships depart from key west, hence I knew it was a port they were visiting.

Archived