2 cruises with a week apart

enyliram

The general rule of thumb is a "trip" spans one departure from home through one return home. What you're describing would technically be two trips. Would an insurer get upset about putting both cruises on one policy? It's hard to say but I'd suggest that once you choose an insurer you contact them and see what they say.

There may not even be much of a cost savings depending on your circumstances and the plan you choose. I'm looking at a TravelSafe brochure and for a 60 year old cruiser with two cruises, each costing $1500 the premiums are:

Insured separately ($1500 each): Each cruise $101 + $8 fee X 2 = $218

Insured together ($3000): $213 + $8 fee = $221

In this case I'd spend the extra $3 and do it right. So check if there's any savings worth bothering about and if there is call the insurer before you make your purchase.

My experience is that you would have two policies unless you were staying in a hotel for the week and could count this as one cruise. I would contact the insurance company to talk this through.

The major exception would be those policies that cover time periods rather than specific trips but don't think that is what you are looking for.

Keith

Archived