Same MDR Waiter ~ 2 Different Ships

QTPieRye

Just thought it would be interesting to know if anyone has ever had the same MDR waiter on 2 different cruise ships?

Our MDR waiter on our 2004 Conquest cruise was Darko from Croatia (don't worry I am not a stalker, I just wrote his name down next to our picture in my cruise photo album.....). Recently while looking at a photo album from a Splendor cruise, I saw a picture of Darko in the MDR (not a face you could forget ;) So I thought how odd it would be to have him as our waiter on our Splendor cruise in January 2012.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Obviously he would not remember us ~ I just thought it was kinda interesting.

Not had that happen. The only situation for me was on RCCL, we had a wonderful waiter back in 2002 and saw him 2 years later on the Mariner of the Seas. We were in the dining room for lunch and noticed that he was in there serving another table. We talked to him a few minutes. He was one of the best servers I have ever had on a cruise.

YES!!! I cruised the Inspiration in March, and Julius Ceasar was headwaiter for us.

Two weeks before we cruised the Destiny, I learned here that he was now also doing Anytime Dining there as well!! No, he didn't remember me...but that was ok!

Also, the Maitre d from this cruise was the same one we had on the Fanstasy 10 yrs ago. I didn't remember him, but my husband did...

We were on a cruise on the Glory this past June. We then were on the Freedom at the end of August. We had the same Server, Michael. He was awesome!!! He remembered us and remembered that we were with my Son & Family in June.

We ran into one of girls who worked at the Cafe on the Glory (several years ago) and then ran into her on the Imagination several months later (she actually remembered us) and we've run into Piano Players, Guitar Players, etc. again on other ships but this was a first having the same Server on two different Ships and only two months apart!

In 1996 we were on on the Seawind that left out of Aruba we had waiter from Costa Rica. He told us that he wanted to become a Maitr E D. A year later my parents saw him on the Regal Empress when it was sailing out of Port Manatee. In 1997, we saw him again on the Big Red Boat. He was a supervisor at that time. My then boyfriend and parents were wondering whom I was hugging and just boarded the "boat". To this day each time I cruise I wonder if I'm going to see him again.

When we were on the Liberty in Sept 08, our assistant server was Ni Wayan from Indonesia. She was a sweetheart. Then, in May 2010, she was the server at the table next to us on the Valor. When I went to say hello, she remembered me immediately. And what is even funnier, I was on the Fantasy last week, and she was again the server at the table next to me. I told her that I was following her around. Ha Ha

Have not yet but....we were on the Liberty last April and our waiter was telling us that he was transfering to the Pride next year. We told him we had booked a cruise on the Pride for next April and will look for him :D He was a great waiter and looking forward to saying hello to him on the Pride in April. BTW the Liberty was the first cruise that the wait staff addressed us by our names, it was really nice :D During the week I would see Armond around the ship and he would always have a smile and say hi to me by name.

We did a family Christmas cruise on the Fascination a few years ago and had a great waiter. Last May we were on the Spirit in Alaska and our old waiter walks up to us and says hello and it was great to see us again. I was shocked that he remembered us and that he was the one to come over to us (it was over a year later).

I had the same Head Waiter aboard the Pride in 2003 as we had on the Triumph in 2000. Both times his station (and our table) were just inside the entrance on the starboard side. Guess he liked that area.

Our Assistant Waiter in 2007 on Victory was our Head Waiter on Dream in 2010. He did remember me as we were talking about football in 2007 and I told him how Germany would take it in 2010. When he saw me last October he said "well 3rd place is still good", took me a minute to realize what he was talking about. lol

In march of 2010, we had one of our favorite waiters, Iyoman on the Miracle. Last month on the Legend, we had him for lunch in the MDR. Of course he did not remember us. We asked how his daughter was and if his wife was on the ship again with him, and he was VERY happy we remembered him.

Archived