Excursions and Weight Limits ~

QTPieRye

Just curious what everyone's experience has been while doing excursions with posted weight limits. A friend of mine just got back from Cabo and she said that when the boarded the bus, the tour guide set out a scale and everyone was weighed before they boarded!

Our zipline tour in PV has a 250 lb weight limit~ everyone in our group is under. However, I personally do not want to hop on a scale in front of anyone other than myself and the tour company.

What is your experience???

I have never had to do it nor have I seen it on any excursion we were on. As much as I would hate to weigh in as well in front of everyone else I would do it if I really wanted to do a certain excursion where it is for my safety. So it is totally up to you to decide. There may have been a group weight limit in this case or why take someone all the way to the excursion and then be turned away there.

I have never done it or seen it either. I wouldn't mind doing it though...I would just hop on and off. I wonder if some people in that particular group "looked" like they may be over the limit. So instead of picking on a few people just they made everyone do it to stay fair. I don't know though...

I wonder if some people in that particular group "looked" like they may be over the limit. So instead of picking on a few people just they made everyone do it to stay fair. I don't know though...

That's what I was thinking..... :)

This is NOT going to keep me from doing the tour ~ and I don't care if the tour operator sees my weight..... don't want my DH and his friends to see it ;)

i wonder what happen if you are a few pounds over the limit...Hmm, do they refuse you or let you go on the tour...

If there is a weight restriction (ie 225 pounds) then I would think it would be held to - God forbid something happened and the tour had allowed a person 2 pounds over the weight on, then their insurance would probably refuse to honour it. There has to be a definite cut off at some point - we push the limits in a lot of areas - this is one I wouldn't

I am around 230 and did the zip line in st.lucia. I will say that it was harder for me to stop myself at the end of the line than it was for my husband. Your weight is what gives you momentum. I suggest when you go, start slowing down a little earlier lol, took me a few lines to figure that out :D Had a blast!!

I am around 230 and did the zip line in st.lucia. I will say that it was harder for me to stop myself at the end of the line than it was for my husband. Your weight is what gives you momentum. I suggest when you go, start slowing down a little earlier lol, took me a few lines to figure that out :D Had a blast!!

Awesome! How do you slow yourself down on a zipline? I just thought you kept going until it was over and the guys at the other side stop you! LOL

We were thinking of doing a kayak excursion on our last cruise but changed our mind after finding out there was a 250 lb wt limit. My fiance was 238 at the time at that was too close for comfort. The thing is, he is not really heavy, just tall, over 6'4" so his height had us worried too. We just changed to another excursion after finding this out. Thank goodness we read the details in fine print before hand.

Just curious what everyone's experience has been while doing excursions with posted weight limits. A friend of mine just got back from Cabo and she said that when the boarded the bus, the tour guide set out a scale and everyone was weighed before they boarded!

Our zipline tour in PV has a 250 lb weight limit~ everyone in our group is under. However, I personally do not want to hop on a scale in front of anyone other than myself and the tour company.

We did the zipline in PV this past June and although I don't remember what everyone looked like weight wise. No one was put on a scale or pulled aside. Even if they do it is still so much fun and completely worth it! You will have a blast!!

Awesome! How do you slow yourself down on a zipline? I just thought you kept going until it was over and the guys at the other side stop you! LOL

Here is a picture of me going, you have gloves on and you have to squeeze the zip line with your back hand, to slow yourself down, sounds hard but it isnt :p if you click on the picture it will take you to more pictures of us zipping

2065541070097654989S500x500Q85.jpg

here is a link to our video, my bff was holding her camera and mine while zipping, then she filmed the rest of us coming in for a landing.

We wanted to do a zipline in Grand Cayman that had a weight limit, in which my DH was about 10 lbs over. The tour desk told us it would be fine but if they refused him that they would let us switch to another excursion without losing any money. When we met for the tour it was fine, since the weight limit (those ziplines can handle your weight plus another person just in case a rescue has to be made) is more about fitting into the harnass. He fit just fine, while a short person of the same weight would be too big around. If you book with carnival, they will help you with letting you know which ones are strict or may weigh you. Btw, he had no problem stopping because of his weight! Have fun!

Knowing the sense of humor of some of the tour operators in Mexico, it could have just been in fun.

When my wife and I did the zipline tour in Jamaica, there was a weight limit, and I was a little worried about being able to be under it (it WAS going to be on the 5th day of the cruise after all). I found the company that ran the tour, sent them an e-mail, and the told me that as long as the equipment fit properly, there wasn't a problem. The ziplines and harnesses are extremely over-engineered. As long as the equipment fits properly, you're in no danger.

That's what I was thinking..... :)

This is NOT going to keep me from doing the tour ~ and I don't care if the tour operator sees my weight..... don't want my DH and his friends to see it ;)

Oh, don't worry about that...if they were to honestly guess, they'd all guess over anyway.

To the OP, are you doing the ships excursion? If yes then you will be doing the excursion with Vallarta Adventures. I have done 2 different zip lines (the same 2 offered on the ship) with Vallarta Adventures although we weren't on a cruise. It was a land vacation. Vallarta Adventures did not weigh anyone and my husband was probably about 240 lbs. so you probably won't be weighed unless they do it on the ship where the group meets for the tour.

Oh, don't worry about that...if they were to honestly guess, they'd all guess over anyway.

Hmmmmmmmm~ I was thinking that was a good thing until my husband pointed out it was not!!! LOL ~ If I weigh 180 and they guess 220, my husband says they just lost their tip :) (Joking of course)

Did a zip line in PV once, with a 250 lb limit. Although there wasnt any scale, the equipment was snug. I went on every pass, except one, which was the longest one. Just bypassed that one, and continued on with the rest. The operators held me out. Did not dampen the experience, though, as I had zip lined before.

We did an excursion in Cabo, that had the weight limit, and yes, we were all required to step on the scale due to the extreme nature of the day. One member of the group exceeded the weight limit and was not allowed to partake. He had to work with the excursion folks to find an alternative for the day.

Archived